MY FAVORITE BIBLE VERSE

ONE VERSE – ONE REASON

What is your favorite bible verse and why?

Just really creating this thread for SHORT replies.

This is a challenge – We'll have to practice refraining :thinking:.

Are you up to the challenge?

If you find that you want to share large blocks of scripture, there's already a great "King of kings' thread" on Defending-Gibraltar: Bible Verses from the King of kings' Bible

On this "my favorite verse" thread, reply as often as you want with one favorite scripture verse and why – yet, one a day or one a week is plenty – giving everyone a chance without overwhelming the thread.

VERSE

Psalms 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in The House of the "I AM" for ever.

REASON

Whenever I was feeling low, overwhelmed or misunderstood, this verse helped me remember that I wasn't alone.

7 Likes

Amen

2 Likes

Thomas 8:9 If they say to you: "Who are you?", say: "We are His sons and we are the Elect of the Living Father". If they ask you: "What is the sign of your Father in you?", say to them: "It is a movement and a rest".

In the physical world (though the physical serves a purpose as explained in TWHOFTF), this verse helps to return (keep) me to knowing who I really am (a soul-being).

8 Likes

Psalm 2:4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall make fools of them.

In Tony Farrell's Seven Hills Ripple Effect, The Lord read all of Psalms 2; and as He read it, visually shown in the film was an ariel view of London. This reading really affected me, because He was (and is) the King of the United Kingdom looking over it. I pulled Psalm 2:4 out, because for me, it proves that no matter what craziness is happening in the world, He will eventually make it known how foolish all their evil plots have been.

10 Likes

Thomas 13:8 Jesus said: I am the Light that is above them all, I am the All, the All came forth from Me and the All attained to Me. Cleave a piece of wood, I am there; lift up the stone and you will find Me there.

This verse has become a favorite not only because it keeps lovingly popping up but because it helps direct my thoughts becoming more aware by removing senses to enjoy reality seeing Him in All. He is us and we are Him.

8 Likes

Psalm 68:4 Sing unto God, sing praises to His name: extol Him that rideth upon the heavens by His name JAH, and rejoice before Him.

One of my first Pearls. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Deut. 33:27

For the reasons given in God Calling - September 7 and because there is so much love, support, comfort and strengthening in this metaphor.

Btw: Thank you @Dots, great thread idea.

8 Likes

1 Thessalonians
5:17 PRAY WITHOUT CEASING.

This verse has always affected me in ways that cannot be expressed. Whether things are going the way it is felt they should (which is always the wrong way) or things are different, Father is in charge of everything and it is known this is the way it should be, for everyone's good.
pray without ceasingPray without ceasing1

8 Likes

Isaiah

41:10 Fear thou not; for I [am] with thee: be not dismayed; for I [am] thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of My Righteousness.

What more could you ask for.

images (5)

Thank you @DOTS for the wonderful post.

6 Likes

Psalm 23

23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in The House of the "I AM" for ever.

GOD is our hope and strength in this journey, in Him - His strength- do we keep going, knowing His hand is not shortened that it can't reach out and save, with His mercy and goodness allowing us to follow...

Amen

6 Likes

@Determination,
Thank-you for sharing.

Perhaps deep down inside the real you, your soul Being, there is a knowing, knowing everyone is suppose to be talking to Father all the time, isn't that what pray without ceasing means, obeying The First Commandment (Psalm 46:10)?
No one says it better than The Lord;
True Prayer. When we pray in the correct way, we are not asking God to do something, God is inspiring us to act in His place to enact His Will on Earth. We are intended to be the emissaries of the Divine on this planet. True prayer is the method, the visualization, that God expects us to use in discerning His Will and implementing it in the physical dimension twenty-four hours every day.

https://jahtruth.net › spirit.htm

2 Likes

Matthew 22:37

YOU shall love, honour, cherish and obey the Lord your God (love, good and truth) with ALL your heart, with ALL your mind, with ALL your soul and with ALL your strength and Him ONLY shall you serve and OBEY, forsaking ALL others.

God's First Great Commandment, as presented by The Lord in the 12 Commandments.

I love its COMPLETENESS.

And I have this one hanging up in three different places.

6 Likes

They are quiet many.
John.
8:3 Then spoke Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the Light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the Light of Life.

My favourite verse because we are living in this reality, being set free from religious burden is not a joke. Majority are so drunk of it.

4 Likes

@Persistent,

Yes, how amazing Father has become a part of the thinking process with everything, if not, it should be - right? Whether it is a flower, a new bloom, birds, deer crossing the path while walking, the list can go on continuously...?

Always Pray Without Ceasing

3 Likes

SOLOMON

16:12. For it was neither herb, nor mollifying poultice, that restored them to health: but Thy word, O Lord, which healeth all things.

Nothing is more powerful or healing than The Word of God

king-of-kings-bible

3 Likes

Hebrews.
4:12 For the Word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of body and Spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

The word of God is indeed live and working.

4 Likes

This passage has always been a favorite.

Reason: It reassured The Lord is always walking beside, guiding, protecting through satanic courts. He is us and we are Him.

Psalm 23

23:1 The "I AM" [is] my shepherd; I shall not want.

7 Likes

John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe him whom He hath sent.

Everything that The Lord is saying today is true; and we must "BELIEVE HIM" (not "in" him - meaning that he existed 2000 years ago). He's alive and well today. HalleluJAH.

5 Likes

Matthew 5:48

5 Likes

I AM THAT I AM
Exodus 3:15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The "I AM" God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this [is] My name for ever, and this [is] My memorial unto all generations.

The reason speaks for itself.
Thank-You Father. Thank-you Moses!

7 Likes