MY FAVORITE BIBLE VERSE

VERSE
1 John 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in DEED and in Truth.

REASON
This verse is a reinforcing reminder for me that "Actions speak louder than words", "Talk is cheap" and "Do or Do Not". (The verse below is an example verse in conjunction with the reason, i.e. proving love through ACTion/DOing).
John 14:15 If ye love me, KEEP my COMMANDments.

7 Likes

Proverbs

25:11 A word fitly spoken [is like] apples of gold in a setting of silver.

God's words fitly spoken, can weave magical guidance to an astute listening ear.

"Heavens music" -

Beautiful colours -

Truth can dance and sing
and make merry anywhere-
Most certainly coming from a place of love.

Even criticism served on such a lovely platter eases the pricks, and make life lessons more bearable.

God searches the heart

A tongue can wreak havok or bring joy.

May both benefit from the beautiful blessing of such a delivery, the receiver, and the giver.

Thank you to those who give.

main-qimg-8b42f19c6d705279d3f99cbdd99ca994-lq

2 Likes

2nd Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve [me] unto His heavenly Kingdom: to Whom [be] glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Hebrew 10:16 This [is] The Covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put My Laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
10:17 And their [former] sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Hebrews 10:35 Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.
10:36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the Will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Hebrews 11:25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;

Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset [us], and let us run with patience the race that is set before us

Hebrews 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth He chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom He receiveth.
12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are sharers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

Hebrews 13:8 Christ the Saviour the same yesterday, and today, and forever.

Hebrews 13:25 Grace [be] with you all. Amen

2nd Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? And what communion hath light with darkness?
6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Wickedness? Or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
6:16 And what agreement hath The Temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the Living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in [them]; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

Titus 1:7 For an elder must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;

Titus 1:16 They claim that they know God; but in [their] works they deny [Him], being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that [they be] in behaviour as becometh holy women, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
2:4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their [husband's] children,

Titus 2:6 Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded.

Titus 2:12 Teaching us that, denying unGodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and Godly, in this present world;

1 Peter 1:13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Christ the Saviour;

1 Peter 1:24 For all flesh [is] as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
1:25 But the Word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is The Word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

1 Peter 3:8 Finally, [be ye] all of one mind, having compassion one for another, love as brethren, [be] pitiful, [be] courteous:

1 Peter 4:7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.

1 Peter 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
4:13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are sharers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

1 Peter 5:5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all [of you] be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour

2Peter :1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be sharers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
1:5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your Faith virtue; and to virtue Knowledge;
1:6 And to Knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience Godliness;
1:7 And to Godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness compassion.
1:8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make [you that ye shall] neither [be] barren nor unfruitful in the Knowledge of our Lord Christ Jesus.

2 Peter 2:9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the Godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the Day of Judgment to be punished:

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering toward us, not wanting that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

2 Peter 3:18 But grow in grace, and [in] the Knowledge of our Lord and Christ the Saviour. To him [be] glory both now and for ever. Amen.

1 John 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard from him, and declare unto you, that God is Light, and in Him is no darkness at all.
1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do NOT the truth:

What is your favorite bible verse and why?

Just really creating this thread for SHORT replies.

This is a challenge – We'll have to practice refraining :thinking:.

Are you up to the challenge?

ONE VERSE – ONE REASON

Reply as often as you want with one favorite scripture verse.

1 Like

Matthew 7:14 Because Strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] The Way, which leadeth unto Life, and few there be that find it.

A favorite verse, not (certainly not) because it is "few", but because it is true. Being true, it provides the balance to avoid over expectations that might lead to disappointment because disappointment can be counter-productive.

I like this thread because it encourages contemplation/soulful thinking. TY.

4 Likes

Sura 1

Surah (Sura) 1. The Opening

1:1. In the name of the "I AM", Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
1:2. Praise be to God (Allah), the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds
1:3. Most Gracious, Most Merciful
1:4. Master of the Day of Judgment.
1:5. Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.
1:6. Show us The Straight Way,
1:7. The Way of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace, those whose (portion) is not wrath, and who go not astray.

2 Likes

"I belong to The Lord"

adapted from:

Isaiah 44:5 One shall say, I [am] the "I AM"'s; and another shall call [himself] by the name of Jacob; and another shall subscribe [with] his hand unto the "I AM", and surname [himself] by the name of Israel.

I once heard a voice intuitively say, "One shall say I belong to The Lord". I wrote it down in a journal. I didn't know at the time what verse it came from, but Isaiah 44:5 fits the closest. When I found The Lord, this affirmation took on a whole new meaning, showing all along Father had plans for me, even years back. So glad I wrote it down, "One shall say I belong to The Lord."

And come to find out this body is an Israelite :slight_smile:

4 Likes

FROM

THE LETTER OF ARISTEAS* -o- PRAISING THE LAW OF MOSES

13:5 The king praised him and inquired of another, 'What is the goal of speech?' And he replied, 'To convince your opponent by showing him his mistakes in a well-ordered array of [arguments]. For in this way you will win your hearer, not by opposing him, but by bestowing praise upon him with a view to persuading him. And it is by the power of God that persuasion is accomplished.'

For the reasons mentioned above

"Heavens music" -

Beautiful colours -

Truth can dance and sing
and make merry anywhere-
Most certainly coming from a place of love.

4 Likes

Book of Wisdom, King of Kings Bible:

1:1 All Wisdom cometh from the Lord, and is with Him for ever.

Amen. In a world full of lies, it can be hard to discern the truth sometimes. Thank-you to the Lord for all the hard work done that has made it easier for people to start to make sense of what is going on around them and what it really means in the context of our real lives.

NB: My favourite Bible verse is a tough ask though as there are so many and they all have had certain meanings at certain times for me (the Bible is vital and the Word lives..),I like the purpose of the challenge on this thread though so thank-you for doing it.

7 Likes

@adam Thank you and everyone for sharing. You can reply with the individual scriptures that meant something to you at those given times with a possible glimpse as to why.

The challenge was initiated because it gives us a chance to share how The Word guides us, or how we use it as a guide, past & present. It is a chance to share how we personally use Scripture; and how it affects or moves us, body, mind and soul. It's meant to be a simple, short and sweet sharing of how just ONE single verse from The Word has amazing power and comes alive, even on different levels. This short and sweet sharing allows readers a brief moment to smile and/or appreciate how Followers of The Way use The Word. Pop in the thread – READ, SHARE, SMILE – pop out. It's not meant to be involved, as much as it is to inspire.

The challenge remains - One verse, one reason.

Here's my next one:

Revelation 21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

The last couple of days, been feeling a bit sad, with the exposure of so much negative news; and while I can practice being a passer-by, sometimes I just need a little comfort. Revelations Chapter 21 describes New Jerusalem coming down out of the skies; and the goodness it will bring – including wiping away of tears.

6 Likes

Proverbs 18:2

A fool hath no delight in understanding, only in expressing his own opinion.

This is something I experience almost daily when it comes to interpreting current world events. People are particularly surprised to hear that such a sentence is in the Bible.

5 Likes

The verse about the dead coming out of their graves seems relevant to the votes in the American elections.

@DOTS ,
Love the challenge, reasons, love how Father is drawing us closer together with His Love.

One verse: Matthew [ King of kings' Bible - Matthew] But seek ye FIRST The Kingdom of God, and His Righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Reason: A dire need for change was imminent: because the thought and feeling of dying inside was felt pronounced so inside it jolted, causing us to seek harder. Sometimes our lives have to be completely shaken up, changed, rearranged, to relocate us to the place where we're meant to be. There came a day to remember, reading TWHOFTF given us by a special soul. So have faith, trust, seek and ye shall find. If you are here reading and seeking look no further than this little book, here are your hearts desires, your Lover of a life time, your answers to all of life's problems. It changed this Life for the better and it will yours too when you seek with all your heart and live out the words in your daily life.

The Way home or face The Fire

8 Likes

2 Esdras 7:[50] for this cause The Most High hath not made one world, but two.

Helps us sleep at night.

5 Likes

Ezekiel 21:27

21:27 I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no [more], [overturned] UNTIL he come whose Right it is; and I will give it [him - Shiloh (Gen. 49:10)].

For all The Lord's forbearance, His righteousness, His years of long-suffering, His compassion, His justice and fairness, His continued strength, against a world without faith, and an army of evil, it's His Truth Love and Honor that prevails.
What a glorious day that will be.

When the Ark is recovered and given to Him (whose right it is),
that will be one of the greatest days ever to be recorded.

A new beginning, with The Word at the helm, with the proof of the truth to be seen by all.

Amen.

Glory be to God

images

4 Likes

One of my favorites.

Leviticus
23:27 Also on the tenth [day] of this seventh month [there shall be] a Day of Atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the "I AM".

It is looked forward to all of the Feasts and Sabbaths of The Lord. It is amazing how the Trust, Faith and Love has grown over the past years.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing your favorite bible verse.

We are grateful.

Haggai 2:9

2 Likes

Greetings everyone,

You may notice that most of the verses above are now hyperlinked to The King of kings' Bible.

Peace be upon you! :pray:

Sura 39:73 - And those who feared their Lord will be led to The Garden in crowds: until behold, they arrive there; its gates will be opened; and its keepers will say: "Peace be upon you! Ye have done well! Enter ye here, to dwell therein."

It's such a nice greeting (and saluation), often used by The Lord.

7 Likes

@be1 , You are welcome.

1 Like

Proverbs 4:23

Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it [are] the issues of life.

4 Likes