Intermission - Positive Thoughts and Reports

@JF,
Thank-you for sharing.
Hope you don't mind, here is the same video offered on Odyssey.

Rush - Distant Early Warning - Legendado - Português is on to offer

Please Help Boycott You Tube ,

2 Likes

@NancyDrewberry ,

You are very welcome and thank-you, too for the added corrections proving Cher Ami is a male pigion. Here is another article about Cher Ami (him).

The Vault

A Pigeon’s Message From the “Lost Battalion”

This is a field transcription of a message from Maj. Charles Whittlesey to his commanding officer, delivered by pigeon on Oct. 4, 1918. Whittlesey, commanding nine companies of the U.S. Army’s 77th Infantry Division, took up a position in the Argonne Forest in France on Oct. 2, 1918. His group of 550 soldiers was surrounded by German troops and cut off from supply lines. The dramatic situation, which stretched for four and a half days, drew much attention from war correspondents, and the media nicknamed the group the “Lost Battalion.”

Because WWI predated the invention of reliable two-way wireless communication, the armies relied on runners or carrier pigeons to communicate. The U.S. Army Signal Corps used about 600 birds in France during the war. For the cut-off Lost Battalion, the birds were the only connection to headquarters.

The bird that carried this message was named Cher Ami. He was shot while trying to deliver it—when he arrived, the capsule containing the message was attached to a leg so badly hurt that it later had to be amputated—but managed to return nonetheless.

As this message shows, to add to their other tribulations, the Lost Battalion came under friendly fire. Later, the commander of the 77th, Maj. Gen. Robert Alexander, told the press that it was the French—“in spite of my determined protest”—who directed artillery fire on the ravine, “being convinced that the command had surrendered.”

When the Battalion was finally retrieved, 107 of the original group had been killed in action, while 190 were wounded. Whittlesey was awarded the Medal of Honor.

After the war, Whittlesey and some of his group appeared as themselves in a silent film about their experience. Whittlesey, by all accounts a shy and retiring man, was in constant demand as a speaker.

Whittlesey vanished from a United Fruit Company steamship en route from New York to Havana in 1921. Although his body was never found, it’s presumed he committed suicide by jumping into the sea; he left a will and farewell notes to his family and his law partner. “War preyed on his mind,” the New York Times reported.

Cher Ami died in 1919. He was taxidermied, and the Smithsonian holds his body.

Pigeon Message from Capt. Whittlesey to the Commanding Officer of the 308th Infantry, 10/04/1918. National Archives, Records of the American Expeditionary Forces (World War I), 1848-1942.

On another note if you will please:

Taxidermy or the making of animals, or anything, in to graven images is forbidden by God's LAW.

Deut.7:25 The graven images of their gods shall ye burn with fire : thou shalt not desire the silver or gold [that is] on them, nor take [it] unto thee, lest thou be snared therein: for it [is] an abomination to the "I AM" thy God.
12:3 And ye shall overthrow their altars, and break their pillars, and burn their groves with fire; and ye shall hew down the graven images of their gods, and destroy the names of them out of that place.

Exodus 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before Me.
20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee ANY graven image, or ANY likeness [of ANY thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth; neither shalt thou possess such things if others make them:
20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the "I AM" thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate Me [or disobey Me];
32:4 And he received [them] at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, These [be] thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

1 Like

Absolutely. I prefer to remember the pigeon for his actions and not as a stuffed bird. Ridiculous.

1 Like

Not at all, you're welcome and thank-you @Persistent . Will also be updating the post. LLTK, LLTF.

2 Likes

Looks like Donald is getting rough!

4 Likes

@JF ,
thank-you.

You are certainly welcome.

2 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

Carly Simon Lyrics

"Let The River Run"

We're coming to the edge,
Running on the water,
Coming through the fog,
Your sons and daughters.

Let the river run,
Let all the dreamers
Wake the nation.
Come, the New Jerusalem.

Silver cities rise,
The morning lights
The streets that meet them,
And sirens call them on
With a song.

It's asking for the taking.
Trembling, shaking.
Oh, my heart is aching.

Running on the water,
Coming through the fog,
Your sons and daughters.

We the great and small
Stand on a star
And blaze a trail of desire
Through the dark'ning dawn.

Come run with me now,
The sky is the color of blue
You've never even seen
In the eyes of your lover.

Oh, my heart is aching.
Running on the water,
Coming through the fog,
Your sons and daughters.

Trembling, shaking.
Oh, my heart is aching.

Running on the water,
Coming through the fog,
Your sons and daughters.

Let the river run,
Let all the dreamers
Wake the nation.
Come, the New Jerusalem.

4 Likes

@NancyDrewberry ,
Thank-you for sharing this humble song that was once sang.

It feels appropriate to dedicate these words to our Beloved Lover, Christ. :heart: :rose:

1 Like

There is no doubt that love heals. There are opportunities throughout each day via various outlets to discover the healing power of love; love one another. It is the most powerful Force.

John 13:34 A new COMMANDment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
13:35 By this shall all [men] KNOW that ye are my disciples, IF ye have love one to another.

3 Likes

Thank you for that song, here is another version :blush:

LET THE RIVER RUN sung by Gordano Gorgeous Chorus & Gurt Lush Choir

https://rumble.com/vsn7wb-let-the-river-run-sung-by-gordano-gorgeous-chorus-and-gurt-lush-choir.html

2 Likes

The enemy always tries to steal everything, even though stealing is against The Law and it should not be permitted:

Exodus
20:15 Thou shalt not steal [nor make up thine own laws to enable thee to do so by fraud (deceiving people)].
20:16 Thou shalt not tell lies [not even to thy "Self", neither to, nor] against thy neighbour.

A thief tries to obtain that which they do not have through stealing, wanting it to become their property, because of their covetousness, but it never becomes theirs. It remains the property of the original Owner.

Perhaps believers should be striving to teach the true meaning of the rainbow (and possibly other symbols) so that it could be understood for what it really represents in the minds of people, i.e. a sign of the Covenant between God and the Earth (in the case of the rainbow).

It has happened with other symbols too, for instance the universal short-hand sign language that means "I love you" ( :love_you_gesture: ) has likewise been "stolen" or co-opted and wrongly used by some to try and give it a negative connotation in the minds of people in an attempt obscure the true meaning.

Perhaps these symbols need to be taken back from the thieves and usurpers by providing people with proper education that simply sticks to the truth, so it can be correctly understood.

Also, doing wrong by breaking The Law and then trying to obscure and hide that wrong behaviour behind the symbol for God's Covenant with the Earth, won't work. These people should realise that painting rainbows, while persisting in doing wrong, is not going to absolve them from commiting wrongful behaviours that God does not like.

And in doing so, these people, even if they are using it unwittingly, are invoking the Curses of The Law to come down upon themselves, by using the symbol of God's sign of His Covenant with the Earth!

Deuteronomy
23:17 There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite (homosexual) of the sons of Israel (Leviticus 20:13:- If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death ; their blood [the blame][shall be] upon them).

Romans
1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet (AIDS).

4 Likes

Agreed.

Agreed to all (of your comment). :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

No coincidence that right now there is a massive heat wave across a large part of America.
There will be no rainbows seen in the sky during the oppressive heat. It is occurring in the month of June which is early to have such high heat. The Blessing and Cursing of The Law.

Heat is the No. 1 cause of weather-related deaths in the United States.

No rainbows, just fiery heat:

3 Likes

I love the Rainbow :slight_smile:
We see them several times a year and it's always beautiful.
So, I'm not going to allow these people to cause me to start having any negative connotations about rainbows. To my mind, what is stunning though, is how extremely foolish they are being in doing what they are doing and that they seem to have no clue, that what they are actually doing is invoking God's Curses of The Law, to come upon themselves(!), as it says will happen in Scripture. So, maybe it needs to be told, that this is actually what they are doing when foolishly using the Rainbow (sign of God's Covenant with the Earth) to try and obscure what it is they are actually doing and promoting..

3 Likes

Agreed. People are actually invoking the curses upon themselves. Satan wants the curses to occur and so he influences people to do the things that will bring the Curses upon them.

I love seeing the rainbows in the sky too. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Agreed. If only they would have the sense to give them pause, then perhaps they would also be able to see this unseasonal heat that is happening now, as being one of the prophesied Signs, too:

https://jahtruth.net/signs.htm

2 Esdras
8:50 For MANY great MISERIES shall be done to them that in the Latter-Time shall dwell in the world, BECAUSE they have walked in great pride (and in the WRONG direction,..

(They walk in great "pride" and are certainly walking in the wrong direction...)

6 Likes

A song about The Law Guardians & Keepers Of God's Law

5 Likes

I did not write this. Author is anonymous.

5 Likes