What Keeps The Governor Awake At Night

Local businesses hear key counter-terrorism advice in security conference

Photos by Johnny Bugeja.

BY GABRIELLA PERALTAShare Share this article on Facebook Share this article on Twitter

11th May 2022

In a first event of its kind in Gibraltar, businesses from different sectors on the Rock were given expert advice on counter-terrorism and security related issues during the first part of a two-day ‘Action Counters Terrorism’ conference.

At the Rock Hotel’s Khaima, business representatives heard how they could take steps to help deter hostile attacks and increase their security.

While there is no identified threat to Gibraltar or change in the security posture here, the hope is that sessions of this nature will strengthen the partnership between law enforcement agencies and the wider community and highlight the need for awareness.

The presentation was closed to the general public and the advice was discreet and confidential, for obvious reasons.
The conference given to businesses could save lives, and attendees were asked not to take notes and to ensure utmost confidentiality, with the concern being this information could be counter-productive if shared widely.

Attending the event were a combination of speakers including staff from the UK Centre of Protection and National Infrastructure (CPNI), UK National Counter Terrorism Security Office (NaCTSO), and the City of London Police, who presented sage advice to representatives from local businesses, including from family businesses and retail, to bankers and online gaming, and to some of the RGPs key strategic partners locally.

Opening the event, the Governor of Gibraltar and Co-Chair of the Gibraltar Contingency Council, Vice Admiral Sir David Steel, commented on Gibraltar’s security threats and its response to mitigate those risks.

"Apart from the management of Covid and the long running saga over a Brexit treaty for Gibraltar, that will maintain and hopefully enhance the prosperity and standard of living in Gibraltar, the only thing that keeps me awake at night is our personal and physical security," Sir David told guests during a part of the session open to the media.

"Living in Gibraltar with it's wonderful weather, high standard of living, access to the water, access to Europe and simply the charm of it's people, multi-faith, multi-cultural all happily living together, one can perhaps be lulled into a very false sense of security."

Sir David compared Gibraltar to the town of Accrington in Lancaster as the population size is similar, but said the likelihood of an attack in Gibraltar was greater.

"Arguably the risk of attack is much higher, it has an international and military airport close to the general population, and an international frontier, and is accessible from two ends, from the sea where everyday hundreds of pleasure craft and other boats pass within metres of the runway itself," Sir David said.

Hedescribed how Gibraltar has military facilities, a civilian population and a power plant, all within a compact area the size of a small country estate in Hampshire.

He noted too Gibraltar’s economic reliance on digital services and how this could be impacted by cybercrime, and reflected on the Rock’s role during the detention of the tanker Grace 1 for breaching EU sanctions on Iran.

"One starts to realise that small Gibraltar has reassumed the strategic significance that perhaps diminished gradually after the end of the Second World War," Sir David said.

The Governor noted too the war in Ukraine and its impact on the security situation, reminding delegates that Russia had placed Gibraltar on its list of so-called “unfriendly countries” and that he had been personally identified as an unfriendly leader.

"My face plastered over the internet alongside the premiers of many great nations," he said.

He added: "Gibraltar is in the spotlight of a nation that has shown brutal terror elsewhere."

Sir David said Gibraltar needs to recognise its own importance, its own vulnerabilities and the way in which these can be addressed.

"Deterrence is one measure, [and] thankfully we have one of the most operational and highly concentrated fleets of Royal Navy, Royal Gibraltar Police, Gibraltar Defence Police and Customs vessels anywhere in the world, 24 hours a day on the water," he said.

"We have excellent electronic surveillance all around our coastline and elsewhere."

"Gibraltar is difficult to get on to, but not impossible."

Sir David said this is where the RGP, GDP and guard forces step in, and added that awareness is key.

The Commissioner of Police, Richard Ullger, opened the conference and said behind the scenes the RGP works quietly to mitigate terrorist threats, with the support of local and international partners.

"Much of this preventative work is the unseen part of policing," Commissioner Ullger said.

"Which takes up much of our time and our people, but it is one of the most important pieces of work we do constantly to keep our community safe."

RGP Detective Chief Inspector, Paul Chipolina, began work on organising this conference in 2019, but the event was postponed due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

He said the content of the presentations covered various aspects such as online security, digital footprints, personal and physical security, and communications.

The event, DCI Chipolina said, came with the view of enhancing the local security posture in the private sector and improving collaboration between the private and public sector.

DCI Chipolina said there were visible measures including Project Servator, an unpredictable and highly visible police deployment which deters crime, and he hopes these kind of visible deterrents will grow.

He added the threat to businesses and Gibraltar has always been present and has grown over the years.

"Events like the Ukraine invasion just serve to highlight and bring it onto the spotlight of the news media and it results in increased [cyber] attacks and thats why the National Cyber Security Centre issued advisory notices to the public and private sector, and also to the general public across the UK and the Government of Gibraltar replicated those advisories several weeks ago to local businesses," DCI Chipolina said.

He described how threats come from all angles including online in social engineering and phishing attacks.

With life returning to normal following the Covid pandemic and large public events set to return, DCI Chipolina said the RGP and local businesses need to be attuned to any threats.

"We have a Royal visit coming up, we have a public military event coming up, we have sporting events like football matches, all areas of high footfall," DCI Chipolina said.

"It's important that we also engage the business community because they too have a role to play in the areas where they are physically located, and being extra eyes and ears and reporting suspicious activity and acting as a deterrent wherever possible,"

"It is important that we have the business community on board with this and there is a role for the public sector law enforcement and essentially the wider public, as these events occur, to be vigilant, to become confident in reporting suspicious activity and let others play their part in disrupting those threats and taking corrective action."

Rachel Duckett, Supervisor Business Engagement Unit at NaCTSO, said this visit to Gibraltar was an opportunity to strengthen partnerships that can protect and prepare Gibraltar and the UK against a threat.

"'Action Counters Terrorism' is our message here today, and the more we act the more we can continue to keep people safe," she said.

"The next two days will ensure that the National Counter Terrorism Security Office provides businesses with the assured advice and guidance, and this event ensures a standardised approach to our engagement, allowing us to give information in a clear and consistent approach."

Ms Duckett said there has not been an identified threat or risk to Gibraltar, but this is to allow businesses to have the same access to learning as

4 Likes

THESE ARE THE THINGS THAT SHOULD KEEP THE GOVERNOR DAVID STEEL AWAKE AT NIGHT

Dear David,

Thank-you for your welcome at The Convent Open Day last week. I wasn't sure how exactly how you'd react to my attendance, alongside The Lord's two other disciples currently based here, especially in the light of my two recent reports to you: one on a former UK High Court Judge; and the other on The Monarch of Great Britain. By way of contrast, my unexpected early morning surprise appearance at the Rock Hotel a few days earlier, deliberately invoked to contest the counter-terrorism strategy, yielded an altogether different reaction, inasmuch as Chief Inspector Chipolina politely prevented my voluntary participation in his unwittingly or otherwise pursuit and protection of the global cabal's state-sponsored propaganda machinations, which were being pre-prepared in secret on The Rock of His Defence. Psalm 2 is so very apt for that particular RGP event held on The Fortress of Rock in which you made the opening play on the grand strategic chessboard.

Psalm 2

2:1 Why do the unenlightened rage, and the people imagine a futile thing?
2:2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the "I AM", and against His Anointed, (2 Esd. 13:34) [saying],
2:3 Let us break Their bonds asunder, and cast away Their cords from us.
2:4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall make fools of them.
2:5 Then shall He speak unto them in His wrath, and terrify them in His fury.
2:6 Yet have I set My King (to govern - Isa. 9:6-7) upon My Holy Hill of Gathering (Isa. 33:16; 2 Esd. 13:35).

Isaiah 33

33:16 He shall dwell on Sion (2 Esd. 13:35): his place of defence [shall be] the Fortress of Rock: bread shall be given him; his waters [shall be] sure.

2 Esdras

13:34. And an innumerable multitude shall be gathered together, as thou sawest them, willing to come, and to overcome him by fighting.
13:35. But he shall stand upon the top of the mount of gathering (Isa 33:16).

The government's Contest Strategy notwithstanding, your opening keynote speech on The Holy Hill of Gathering, as uncritically covered by the Gibraltar Chronicle, was nevertheless viewed with interest from both near and afar. The following four quotes about your own particular presentation, perhaps provide purposeful points for the unenlightened to rage, while the Rock Hotel's hand-picked audience doubtless did indeed imagine a futile thing.

The Governor noted too the war in Ukraine and its impact on the security situation, reminding delegates that Russia had placed Gibraltar on its list of so-called “unfriendly countries” and that he had been personally identified as an unfriendly leader. My face was plastered over the internet alongside the premiers of many great nations.”

Mindful of recent articles on the Defending Gibraltar website, actually helpfully showing your face on the internet, while simultaneously providing commentary on your viewpoints related to matters of both the global medical tyranny at work, and the state of play with respect to the war in the Ukraine, I was personally particularly struck by your peculiar reference to the term 'many great nations'. This issue is raised here because in The Bible, there are only really two great nations, and both these former great countries have turned themselves into unGodly nations, and will be punished by God, accordingly. These refer to no other nations, other than Britain and the USA. With great respect, please consider the following highly insightful 95 point theses, illustrating the true meaning of 'great nations' as approved by The Lord in His Second Coming.

The Scriptural Marks of True Israel | Time To Think (wordpress.com)

In particular, please note the following:

13) God SHALL make Israel’s NAME “Great”: GREAT BRITAIN.

Genesis 12:2 And I will make from thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy (seed’s) NAME “Great”*{F} ; and thou shalt be a blessing:

*{F There is no other nation on Earth whose name is “Great” other than Great Britain. }

Note: The word “British” is NOT an English word. It is Hebrew and means “the people of the Covenant”, i.e. the people Israel.

3) The Sons of Joseph ( Ephraim and Manasseh) SHALL be called Israel (Gen. 48:16).

4) The Sons of Joseph SHALL both become great and powerful nations (Gen. 48:16-19, Deut. 33:17,Rev. 11:3-5).

5) Israel SHALL grow into a Multitude and a Commonwealth of Nations in the midst of the Earth.

Genesis 48:16-19
48:16 The Angel which redeemed me from all evil, bless the lads; and let my name [Israel] be named on them (let Ephraim and Manasseh be called Israel) , and the name of my fathers Abraham and Isaac; and let them grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth.

48:17 And when Joseph saw that his father laid his right hand upon the head of Ephraim, it displeased him: and he held up his father’s hand, to remove it from Ephraim’s head unto Manasseh’s head.
48:18 And Joseph said unto his father, Not so, my father: for this [is] the firstborn; put thy right hand upon his head.

48:19 And his father refused, and said, I know [it], my son, I know [it]: he also shall become a people, and he also shall be great: but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his seed shall become a multitude (Commonwealth) of nations.

Ephesians 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the Commonwealth of Israel , and strangers from The Covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

No one, other than the British people {C} , have grown into a “multitude in the midst of the earth” AND become*“a multitude (Commonwealth) of nations”** *{C including America , Ireland , Scotland , Australia , New Zealand , Canada , South Africa , Northern France , Celtic Spain , Belgium , the Netherlands , Scandinavia and the Baltic states and Gibraltar , i.e. the English-speaking nations of the world. }

Gibraltar is in the spotlight of a nation that has shown brutal terror elsewhere”

It is assumed that you are taking a British governmental position here by referring to Russia as showing brutal terror elsewhere, while you blatantly show wilful blindness to the false-flags enacted out in recent times by British Governments with respect to the 7/7 London Bombings of 2005, The Manchester Arena Bombs Attacks of 2017, and all things concerned with the medical tyranny concerned with the Covid-19 genocidal plan, which as far as backsliding Israel is concerned have all been previously exceedingly well-documented and published on The Gibraltar Messenger's Defending Gibraltar forum.

Matthew 7:1 Judge NOT, that ye be not judged.
7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
7:4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam [is] in thine own eye?
7:5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

You'll recall that on 7th July 2021, both you, and The Commissioner, Richard Ullger, each received a dossier entitled Policing The Corona State. It made a clarion call for the arrest of The Chief Minister, The Director of Public Health, and many of their accomplices, for their crimes against humanity. Neither you, nor Richard Ullger, nor indeed anyone else in The RGP, did anything in response, even though Christ Himself had made separate demands that The Commissioner and The Governor arrest and prosecute the perpetrators. Soon enough, there will be no hiding place for those who have countenanced the perpetuation of brutal terror on The Rock. We are in World War III, where the rules of engagement are different, and those in positions of strategic influence, like yourself, who have so far stood by, or worse still supported the medical tyranny, rather than directly oppose it, will one day soon be held accountable, unless that is, you come to your senses, have a change of heart, and avoid falling asleep, at a time when The Lord comes like a Thief in The Night.

Gibraltar faces a greater terror threat than Accrington.”

Your recent comparison between the town of Accrington and The Rock of Gibraltar struck both The Lord and me as a bit odd. Without context, I can only hazard a guess that Accrington was the birthplace of the human body you are inhabiting. Irrespective of whether that is correct or not, immediately, thoughts of Accrington struck me as being close to Peter Openshaw's neck of the woods, and so upon checking, I may have overlooked one candidate case study in the guise of an Accrington special, as described in the Manchester Evening News as a “Sentence Joke”. It centres around a seven-fold stabbing and manslaughter case which occurred in 2003 - Jail for abused girl who killed lover | Lancashire Telegraph.

The breaking news that Peter Openshaw will begin by conducting a preliminary hearing on 22nd and 23rd of June 2022 in the Garrison Library, tells me that the former High Court Judge has absolutely no intention of recusing himself as per the recommendation in the Openshaw report, as compiled for your edification. Time alone will tell whether you were wise to stick with Openshaw and not intervene more purposefully.

Apart from the management of Covid and the long running saga over a Brexit treaty for Gibraltar, that will maintain and hopefully enhance the prosperity and standard of living in Gibraltar, the only thing that keeps me awake at night is our personal and physical security.”

Your above statement reminds me of a time when being trained as a strategic intelligence analyst in the police service based in the Steel City of Sheffield, the trainer from down under named Don McDowell told the class that if your analytical reports are not keeping your Chief Constables (Governors) awake at night, you simply are not doing your job properly. Back then, I took the advice literally. As a result, former MEP Richard Cottrell, the author of Gladio, Nato's Dagger at the Heart of Europe: The Pentagon-Nazi-Mafia Terror Axis wrote the following in his deadly serious book's preface.

"In July 2011, a calm and studious risk-assessment analyst working for the South Yorkshire Police was summarily fired. He had filed a report with his superiors which openly contradicted the official narrative compiled by the British authorities to explain the 7/7 London Transport bombings. Tony Farrell’s allotted task was to assess the degree of risk posed by terrorism. Starting with a clean sheet, he worked to the electrifying conclusion that the London attacks were - in all probability - staged by the secret state. Furthermore, he dismissed the danger posed by Islamic extremists as virtually non-existent. Despite rigorous carpeting by his bosses, pleas, arm-twisting and threats, Farrell refused to budge. He was convinced the story of suicide bombers responsible for London’s day of infamy was a concoction of ‘monstrous lies.’ The sole purpose of the carnage on 7th July 2005 was to terrify the population to such an extent that the United Kingdom could be moved closer to a state of regimented tyranny.”

A decade and more on, and I still take the strategic intelligence analysis trainer's advice literally, so here's a special trumpet call for the eyes and ears of not just you The Governor, but also The Commissioner, The Chief Minister, The Mayor, The Modern Day Scribes & Pharisees, The Public Health Directors and the GHA Executives all rolled into one.

[COVID UPDATE: What is the truth? - PMC (nih.gov)]

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9062939/

Long may you have more sleepless nights after reading this crucially important trumpet call report, as linked above, for your collective edification, and HOPEFULLY in your case, your remedial action.

Ezekiel

33:1 Again the word of the "I AM" came unto me, saying,
33:2 Son of man, speak to the children of thy people, and say unto them, When I bring the sword upon a land, if the people of the land take a man of their coasts, and set him for their watchman:
33:3 If when he seeth the sword come upon the land, he blow the trumpet, and warn the people;
33:4 Then whosoever heareth the sound of the trumpet, and taketh not warning; if the sword come, and take him away, his blood shall be upon his own head.
33:5 He heard the sound of the trumpet, and took not warning; his blood shall be upon him. But he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul.
33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take [any] person from among them, he is taken away in his inequity; but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

In accordance with God's command to Ezekiel, as the Watchman, to warn people, you have now been warned by God via this watchman.

Best Wishes,

Tony Farrell

PS. Attending with me at the Convent Open Day were two other of The Lord's disciples. Their names are George and Peter. George was the one wearing the number eleven, with the name EPHRAIM on the back of the jersey. That's because the human body George is inhabiting is English. Peter was wearing the number ten jersey, with the name NAPHTALI on the back. That is because the human body Peter is inhabiting is South African, and I could be seen wearing the number 7 jersey with DAN printed on the back. That's because while this inhabited human body comes from England, all four of my human body's grandparents emigrated from Ireland to Widnes, and the red rose English county of Lancashire.

PPS. Before leaving the grounds of The Convent at the Open Day, you may well recall that I mentioned to you the irregular "Orangutan" chess opening, while pointing towards the image of a chimpanzee playing chess on my jersey's left sleeve. Playing with the black pieces, the most common reply to white's 1. b4 (P-QN4) would normally be 1. . . e5 (P-K4). Whether you play the opening move with the white pieces, or make the first reply with black ones, I was not joking when I requested a meeting last year, and neither was I joking about chess-play getting two mentions in the Book of Teia Tephi, who is none other than Britannia. Hopefully you'll now sleep better knowing that.

It's your move on the grand strategic chessboard and the clock is fast running down!

7 Likes