THOUGHT OF THE DAY

“Two things are infinite: The universe and human stupidity; And I’m not sure about the universe.” – Albert Einstein

9 Likes

“Another source of power in government is a military force. But this, to be efficient, must be superior to any force that exists among the people, or which they can command; for otherwise this force would be annihilated, on the first exercise of acts of oppression. Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States. A military force, at the command of Congress, can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power, and jealousy will instantly inspire the inclination, to resist the execution of a law which appears to them unjust and oppressive.”

Noah Webster, An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, Philadelphia, 1787

Christ
Christs.net

Orginally posted on DG on 30 Sept 2020

6 Likes

"Civil disobedience, as I put it to the audience, was not the problem, despite the warnings of some that it threatened social stability, that it led to anarchy. The greatest danger, I argued, was civil obedience, the submission of individual conscience to governmental authority. Such obedience led to the horrors we saw in totalitarian states, and in liberal states it led to the public's acceptance of war whenever the so-called democratic government decided on it. In such a world, the rule of law maintains things as they are. Therefore, to begin the process of change, to stop a war, to establish justice, it may be necessary to break the law, to commit acts of civil disobedience, as Southern blacks did, as antiwar protesters did."

-- Howard Zinn, from "You Can't Be Neutral on a Moving Train"

7 Likes

"The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim." -- Gustave Le Bon

9 Likes

Interesting Quote

The Bolshevik (Ashkenazi counterfeit-Jewish) revolution’s main
ideologists demonstrated open contempt toward religion. Many people are
familiar with Karl Marx’s phrase, “Religion is the opium of the people”.
Vladimir Lenin didn’t care to choose his words either when he said,
"Every religious idea, every idea of God, every ‘flirtation’ with God is
the most unspeakable, dangerous abomination, and a vile infection.”

Karl Marx, the human and "visible" author of communism, working for his master Satan, claimed that he had been given a sword by Satan and he would drag God down from heaven and defeat Him with it. Rev. 6 v 4 - the second horseman on a red horse was given a great sword. RED is Satan's colour (Rev. 12 v 3 & 9). THE FOUR HORSEMEN OF THE APOCALYPSE and THE TWO WITNESSES

7 Likes

Former 20-year editor of the NEJM prononces much of clinical research and doctors no longer to be trusted.

“It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines. I take no pleasure in this conclusion, which I reached slowly and reluctantly over my two decades as an editor of the New England Journal of Medicine.”

― Marcia Angell

7 Likes

"The butterfly effect is the idea that small, seemingly trivial events may have non-linear impacts on complex systems. It was coined by Edward Lorenz, a meteorology professor, to explain the weather patterns and climate change. Learn how the butterfly effect relates to chaos theory, and how it can be misinterpreted or misused in various context."

What do they think the effect of missiles and bombs exploding will do, if the flapping of a butterfly's wings can cause a hurricane on the other side of the world?

Does that explain all the high winds we're currently experiencing?

5 Likes