"self" HELP

6 Likes

When you follow the crowd you loose your self

4 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

The Command is to "crucify" the self daily. A repressed self can do more damage than an out in the open one. There is a YODA message specific to that, but I am not sure which 'date' it is on.

5 Likes

Please see the YODA you may be referring to:

Kill Self Now. - May 3

'Self' dethroned - that is the lesson, but in its place put Love for Me, knowledge of Me.

'Self', not only dethroned, but dead. A dead 'Self' is not an imprisoned 'Self'. An imprisoned 'Self' is more potent to harm. In all training - (in Mine of you, and in yours of others) - let 'Self' die.

But for each blow to the life of 'Self' you must at the same time embrace and hold fast the New Life, Life with Me.

It is not a dead 'Self' that men have to fear, but a thwarted, captive, imprisoned 'Self'. That 'Self' is infinitely more 'Self'-centered than the 'Self' allowed full play. But to you My children, I teach a higher science-Law than even freedom of the 'Self'. I teach death to the 'Self'. No repressions, just death. Petty 'Self'-life exchanged for Divine Life.

And now I can make more clear to you what I would say about forgiveness of injuries. It is one of My Commands that as you seek My forgiveness, so you must forgive.

But what you do not see is that you, the 'Self' in you, can never forgive injuries. The very thought of them means 'Self' in the foreground, then the injury, instead of appearing less, appears greater.

No, My children, as all true Love is of God, and is God, so all true forgiveness is of God and is God. The 'Self' cannot forgive. Kill 'Self'.

Cease trying to forgive those who fretted or wronged you. It is a mistake to think about it. Aim at killing the 'Self' now - in your daily life, and then, and not until then, will you find there is nothing that even remembers injury, because the only one injured, the "Self", is dead.

As long as it recurs to your mind you deceive yourself if you think it forgiven. Forgiving injuries can be one way of feeding a 'Self'-life.

Many deceive themselves in this.

8 Likes

Yes. That is the YODA that I was referring to. Thank-you. :slightly_smiling_face:

:pray:

4 Likes

You're welcome.

4 Likes

Strength & Courage:

Courage, above all things, is the first quality of a warrior. - Carl von Clausewitz

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, I've lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death. - Omar N. Bradley

Let us not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless when facing them. - Rabindranath Tagore

You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor. - Aristotle

He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life. - Muhammad Ali

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear. - Ambrose Redmoon

Believe you can do something and your halfway there. - Theodore Roosevelt

Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore. - Andre Gide

To share your weakness is to make yourself vulnerable; to make yourself vulnerable is to show your strength. - Criss Jami

Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid. - Frederick Beuchner

Courage is not simply one of the virtues but the form of every virtue at the testing point, which means at the point of highest reality. - C.S. Lewis

Boldness be my friend. - William Shakespear

We must build dikes of courage to hold back the flood of fear. - Martin Luther King.

Strength without humility is like a seed without water. - Anonymous

Men make history not the other way around. In periods where there is no leadership, society stands still. Progress occurs when courageous skillful leaders seize the opportunity to change things for the better. - Harry S. Truman

Praise The Lord,
LLTK,
LLTF.

4 Likes

IF

The Way home or face The Fire

5 Likes

Written by a sister:

Who is the ‘Self’ and How it Can Wreak Havoc in your Life

I arrived with such anger, frustration, depression, self-pity and fear inside, which is the ‘self’ coming out in its full glory and force, all of the self’s ominous ways. The self was giving me fits with its bad and many conglomerations of emotions. One day, it was so bad with all these emotions surrounding me (like a hurricane really), it became quite uncomfortable for both my special friend and myself. So uncomfortable, it instigated a “garage talk” out of Loving concern for my well Being. She told me how the “self” was overtaking me/my spirit Being, with all the emotions above, and it/self needed to be stopped, NOW. Her concern was my ‘self’ was going to completely take over and was going to drag me back to what I left...please see full article at link

5 Likes

Thank you.

Amen.

Praise the Lord.

Psalms 31:24. Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

3 Likes

You're welcome.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dear @Persistent,

Happy Sabbath. Thank-you for this information.

3 Likes

Dear @Persistent,

Such truth, thank-you for posting this. Hopefully others will read, see their self and conquer daily.

3 Likes

@Determination ,
You are very welcome.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Has anyone ever told you, "You are your own worst enemy."

Valuable information has been shared that has helped tremendously, therefore, it warrants sharing with you. Whether you are set in your ways and/or willing to change, this game is for you. It is called The Indian Game.

The way the game works is everyone is dealt a card face down, which they then place against their foreheads without looking at it, so that everyone at the table can see everyone else's card, but not their own. Then everyone wagers on how their own card will stack up against everyone else's cards.

This game is a lot like the game we're playing for real, (in the real Game of Life and Death), in that it's always easier to see what everyone else is doing but we're often blinded to what or own self is doing. It might be beneficial if each of us makes a list and then share them with each other. One list might be 5 things the other does well and in a loving way, another list might be 5 things you wish they would do differently.

Then repeat that exercise by writing what you perceive to be the top 5 things you do well and the 5 things you believe you need to improve and/or are currently working on improving. Be sure to be as honest and accurate as possible with all the lists.

Make these four lists out independently of one another, so that you cannot see what the other is writing, and then, when you're both finished (no rushing), exchange your lists.
This should help not only identify areas for each of you to begin working on (that you may not have known about previously), but also help you see of your own residual self-image is similar to how others see you.

Please also consider this: NOTHING anyone else says or does to you really matters. What matters is what you think about others, what you say to and about others and what you do to others.

This game will also help control the urge to manage the efforts of others, which itself is a trap/snare made by the "self", which always believes it knows better than others, hint: arrogance. When played over and over again it helps reveal the truth about your self, help you see who you really are, and what needs doing, otherwise self will likely deceive you with it's tricks and lies.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing again. This exposes the self with it's tricks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Nam You are certainly welcome.

Exactly. It also helps to see more clearly what others think and see in us that we should be seeing and sacrificing daily.
LAL

3 Likes