PROTEST SONGS

Blind Joe – I Will Not Comply (Country)

Tom MacDonald – Brainwashed (Rap)

Lukas Lion – 1984 (Rap)

Eric Clapton's Stand and Deliver
https://www.brighteon.com/831483ba-0209-40d7-a892-5dbf9c9abfbb

The Slowhand & Van version of "This Has Gotta Stop"

Frankie Goes to Nowhere – Covid-19 (Musical)

The New Song (Spiritual)

5 Likes
2 Likes

1985 Cathy don't go to the supermarket

4 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

"We will not comply!" New York protesters reject COVID-19 vaccine mandates

1 Like

Besides having a beautiful singing voice, Joan Baez was quite a patriot in her day.

3 Likes

Rumble — We are the Black Sheep and we have a message for every Citizen of the World.

4 Likes

Kiel, Germany Out On The Streets Again Tonight Protesting Against Covid Passports And Covid Mandates 01-13-2022

2 Likes

Neil Young, the Incidental (?) Prophet of Pfizer

Half of his catalogue is owned by an investment fund with ties to BlackStone.

So, Neil Young. You know how he recently demanded that Spotify should deplatform Joe Rogan over “misinformation”?

Very disappointing for a rebellious artist, without a doubt… but there could be more to the story.

#1. In early 2021, Neil Young sold half his catalogue to an investment fund called “Hipgnosis Songs Fund Limited.”

Neil Young has sold 50 percent of the worldwide copyright and income interests in his 1,180 song catalogue to Hipgnosis Songs Fund Limited, the U.K. investment firm founded by manager-turned-investor Merck Mercuriadis. The move comes days after Hipgnosis, which has spent the last year snapping up music catalogs left and right, announced it had acquired 100% of Lindsey Buckingham’s publishings rights as well as Jimmy Iovine’s producing royalties.

#2. Okay so what about this not very subtly named investment fund?

In October 2021 The Blackstone Group , an alternative investment management company, announced that it would partner with Mercuriadis to invest $1bn US to acquire song catalogues and music rights. It also announced that Blackstone would take an ownership stake in Hipgnosis Song Management .

Which, now, makes me wonder…. I used to think that the strange transformation of “rebellious artists” that started during the previous election cycle, was purely a result of the artificially created nervous breakdown (“TRUMP!!!!!”), peer pressure, and a misguided but sincere sense of justice. And it could still be the case for many—but it seems like at least in the case of Neil Young, money could also be involved in determining his position… Either that or his sense of morality just naturally aligns with Big Pharma!

A note to avoid confusion: BlackStone and BlackRock are different companies but they are very interwoven, seemingly by design.

I would like to add that to be fair to reality, Spotify is no beacon of freedom. In terms of how they treat artists, they are more or less satan, and if you look at who owns them, you’ll see all the familiar faces. So, this is all rather cynical.

By the way, for the sake of philosophical honesty, I believe that human beings are pretty temptable, and having a financial interest in a corrupt entity does change one’s sincere emotional bias. Which is to say that Neil Young might be very sincere, having sincerely convinced himself that his push for censorship is somehow virtuous. Human psyche is funny like that!

2 Likes

The Daz Band

We are the 99% · The Daz Band

WORD TO THE WISE ~ Music by Daz Nez

3 Likes

A Touching and Inspirational Prayer for the Truckers by Shade Stone

Shade Stone produced this incredibly powerful prayer, and song for all the truckers in Canada and around the world who have stepped up to the plate to spark the biggest global movement we have ever witnessed.

HERE

4 Likes

Barry McGuire Don't Blame God
(With lyrics)

3 Likes
5 Likes

In the year 2025......

3 Likes

War (What Is It Good For?)

Lyrics:

War, huh, yeah

What is it good for

Absolutely nothing

Uh-huh

War, huh, yeah

What is it good for

Absolutely nothing

Say it again, y'all

War, huh, good God

What is it good for

Absolutely nothing

Listen to me

Ohhh, war, I despise

Because it means destruction

Of innocent lives

War means tears

To thousands of mothers eyes

When their sons go to fight

And lose their lives

I said, war, huh

Good God, y'all

What is it good for

Absolutely nothing

Say it again

War, whoa, Lord

What is it good for

Absolutely nothing

Listen to me

War, it ain't nothing

But a heartbreaker

War, friend only to the undertaker

Ooooh, war

It's an enemy to all mankind

The point of war blows my mind

War has caused unrest

Within the younger generation

Induction then destruction

Who wants to die

Aaaaah, war-huh

Good God y'all

What is it good for

Absolutely nothing

Say it, say it, say it

War, huh

What is it good for

Absolutely nothing

Listen to me

War, huh, yeah

What is it good for

Absolutely nothing

Uh-huh

War, huh, yeah

What is it good for

Absolutely nothing

Say it again y'all

War, huh, good God

What is it good for

Absolutely nothing

Listen to me

War, it ain't nothing but a heartbreaker

War, it's got one friend

That's the undertaker

Ooooh, war, has shattered

Many a young mans dreams

Made him disabled, bitter and mean

Life is much to short and precious

To spend fighting wars these days

War can't give life

It can only take it away

Ooooh, war, huh

Good God y'all

What is it good for

Absolutely nothing

Say it again

War, whoa, Lord

What is it good for

Absolutely nothing

Listen to me

War, it ain't nothing but a heartbreaker

War, friend only to the undertaker

Peace, love and understanding

Tell me, is there no place for them today

They say we must fight to keep our freedom

But Lord knows there's got to be a better way

Ooooooh, war, huh

Good God y'all

What is it good for

You tell me

Say it, say it, say it, say it

War, huh

Good God y'all

What is it good for

Stand up and shout it

Nothing

3 Likes
3 Likes

"Mamma do you think they'll drop the bomb?" - Pink Floyd

6 Likes

Thank-you. That was well-done.

I had a dream last night. Walking in a town with a few childhood friends, when suddenly we saw an explosion (from a missile) in the distance with the smoke and debris approaching us. We ran away in the opposite direction, but one of my friends strayed a bit off the sidewalk to run behind a building (was it a church?) and as I looked to see where she was going, and wondering why, I heard gunshots and her body flew up into the air being blown to pieces. To ease my mind, as the scene in the dream was very disturbing, there was a reset , another version of the dream where we all walked together with no war and my friend did not die.

3 Likes