‘I’m done.’ Police officer with 20 years service quits

An unnamed police officer with 20 years of service has talked about why they have decided to quit the job after two decades of serving the public.

Generally, morale in the police is low.

Officers are having to endure policing the pandemic against a backdrop of never-ending overtly biased negative media coverage.

One officer captured the sentiment of many of their colleagues when they said:

‘I’m a cop of 20 years. I’m leaving. I’m done.

I’m done with the duplicitous liars and twisters of truth in Parliament, who have destroyed policing in order to further their own careers. I’m done with those charlatans and snake oil salesmen and women who spread their bile, whose acid eats away at society and it’s values and future. I’m done with the utter lack of consequences for their corruption.

5 Likes

If this letter is genuine, and I very much hope it is, then this is such a poignant and accurate reflection of the actual dynamics at play which are affecting modern day policing. Bravo to that (ex) police officer!

Return to Peelian principles and come to recognise The Law, and the role and opportunity of the police in supporting it, before the service reaches that point of no return.

2 Likes