Would You Like Phthalates With That Burger? Harmful Chemicals Found in Fast Food

Hormone-disrupting chemicals known as phthalates were found in many fast food meals tested as part of new research.

Phthalates are a widely used type of plasticizer, used to give plastic and other substances flexibility. They’re also a type of endocrine-disrupting chemical (EDC), which mimic or otherwise interfere with the hormones we naturally produce, like testosterone and estrogen. Studies of animals and humans have indicated that greater exposure to EDCs, including phthalates, can have a negative effect on the development of children and raise their risk of health conditions like asthma, obesity, and later fertility problems, though the exact strength of these associations isn’t clear.

All told, 81% of food items contained the phthalate di-n-butyl phthalate (DnBP), while 70% also contained di(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP), which have both been implicated as possible contributors to fertility problems. About 89% of foods contained some di(2-ethylhexyl) terephthalate (DEHT), a non-phthalate plasticizer.

The study was conducted by researchers from George Washington University’s Milken Institute School of Public Health. The study was published in the Journal of Exposure Science and Environmental Epidemiology.

3 Likes

Let's grow our own food if there is an opportunity of space.

1 Like

Enjoy Fast Food? You May be Consuming Plastic Phthalates can damage the liver, kidneys, lungs, and reproductive system.

What the study shows

Both the food and the gloves were tested for 11 different types of phthalates and plasticizers. Ten of the 11 chemicals were found in the tested foods.

More than 80% of the food samples were found to contain a phthalate known as DnBP, while 86% contained a plasticizer known as DEHT, which is commonly found in food gloves. About 70% contained a phthalate known as DEHP.

Cheeseburgers, chicken burritos and other meat products had the highest phthalate/plasticizer content, with much higher DEHT levels detected in burritos than in burgers.

On the upside, cheese pizzas were among the least contaminated foods, while French fries were found to be DEHT-free.

How to reduce exposure...

1. Limit meat intake (unless you grow your own)

2. Eat at home

3**. Be aware of all the food you are consuming**

Oct. 27, 2021, at 1:04 p.m.

By Alan Mozes HealthDay Reporter

(HealthDay)

WEDNESDAY, Oct. 27, 2021 (HealthDay News) -- Do you like your burgers well done with a side of plastic?

Probably not. But a new study suggests that fast food often comes with a sizable helping of plastic-softening chemicals that could potentially lead to hormone disruption, infertility and learning disabilities.

At issue are phthalates and other so-called "replacement plasticizers." Manufacturers use these chemicals to help soften the plastics found in products that are routinely used when handling food. Those include gloves, conveyor belts, packaging, wrapping and tubes.

The problem: phthalates and their plasticizer cousins don't seem to stay in their lane, easily migrating into the foods with which they come into contact. The study's researchers warn that between 70% and 86% of the fast foods they tested contained some type of phthalate or plasticizer.

"We think our findings suggest that phthalates and replacement plasticizers are widespread in fast food meals," said study author Lariah Edwards. She's a postdoctoral scientist in the Department of Environmental and Occupational Health at George Washington University's Milken Institute School of Public Health in Washington, D.C.

The finding didn't strike Edwards as particularly surprising, given that items sold at fast food chains "are so heavily processed, packaged and handled."
https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2021-10-27/would-you-like-phthalates-with-that-fast-food-contains-industrial-chemicals-report

2 Likes

IT'S NOT JUST IN FAST FOOD, IT'S IN NEARLY ALL SUPERMARKET FOOD.
Do you buy food from supermarkets? If yes, you consume Phthalates.
Do you use cleaners, fairly liquid, cosmetics, personal care products such as soap? If yes, you consume Phthalates.
Plastic packaging contains Phthalates.
Plastic gloves contain Phthalates.
Although meat and grain (fast food) are more contaminated because they're more heavily processed, packaged and handled, anything wrapped in plastic, canned or packaged has phthalate residue in it.

How to reduce Phthalate exposure? Purchase fresh, ORGANIC food (Phthalates are in pesticides).

There are few foods that don't have the touch of chemicals now sadly.
Drink bottled water? Phthalates.
Like soft drinks? Phthalates.
Add milk to your tea? Phthalates.
Even the teabags contain Phthalates (release of nano-plastics when steeped in hot water).
And yes, mother's BREAST MILK now contains Phthalates.

All this is sick, and part of a plan to sicken humanity. The only way to avoid these chemicals nowadays is to grow and forage food yourself, or source it from a trusted organic producer. I'm currently based in Gibraltar, where most people have no land for growing food on this limestone Rock, and here most people either don't care about organic food and/or are ignorant about the toxic chemicals in supermarket food, as there is sadly no demand for organic produce, most people content to buy industrially produced, processed, packaged, pesticide/herbicide/fungicide, plastic residued food & drink from Morrisons, Eroski, Tesco or Coviran supermarkets. Yum!

4 Likes

Dear @Ewok-ally , Thank-you. Agreed. Plastics are prevalent in today's world of consumerism. We are living in an insanely sick upside down world with slothfulness and stupidity running riot consequently destroying the planet and eventually all life if not stopped.
It seems tiny bits of plastic are showing up everywhere.
https://www.envmedia.org/article/plastic-foods/https://www.envmedia.org/assets/Lifespan-of-plastic-768x472.jpgHow did plastics get into the soil? The terrestrial environment is littered with macroplastics such as bottles, plastic bags, single-use straws, and cutlery. The aging process of plastics including their degradation and disintegration rates differ based on the item. This process breaks down macroplastics into micro- and nanoplastics. According to the World Wildlife Fund, coffee pods can take up to 500 years to decompose, plastic bottles, 450 years, and plastic straws 200 years. As with any object, the larger the surface area the easier it is to clean up. However, once macroplastics are broken down into microplastics, anything of that size and beyond has irreversible impacts.
Life Cycle Of Plastics

Microplastic To Nanoplastics

Therefore, downsizing the (plastic waste) problem is upsizing the negative environmental and human health impact. Globally, approximately 32% of plastic waste find their way into the soil and aquatic ecosystems. Terrestrial microplastics are more dominant than ocean plastics and depending on the environment can be 4 to 23 times higher according to a study by German researchers. While more research needs to be done on the impacts of microplastics in terrestrial ecosystems we can certainly expect that over time the outcome would not be healthy. When would society realize that the plastics we use and dispose of improperly are affecting our health?
Nanoplastics - ENV Media
Nanoplastics are formed from the degraded litter that is poorly disposed of

# What Happens to Your Body When You Accidentally Eat Plastic?

Take a deep breath, stop panicking, and read on

You've heard of how plastic ruins the environment; because it's not biodegradable, plastic continues to pollute the oceans. Many animals also die thinking they're full but suffer from a lack of nutrition from the plastic in their stomachs.

But, when you occasionally bite off a piece of plastic from a wrapper as you're eating a sandwich, do you feel the need to spit it out? I will shamelessly say that sometimes I can't be bothered to rummage through my mouth to find that small piece among a sea of chewed food, so I end up swallowing that plastic. How bad could a 1 mm piece of plastic be, anyway?

tea

Sunny Liu

The good news is that eating a piece of plastic won't mean you will have the same fate as the poor animals that mistake plastic for food. According to Lusher, the plastic will leave your system after a day since it's small and your body tries to get rid of anything that can't be dissolved or used effectively. But, constantly eating plastic or food that is packaged in plastic can leave long-term side effects that you want to avoid.

**There are chemicals in plastic that can easily be transferred to your food by microwaving things in plastic, eating canned food lined in plastic lacquer, drinking bottled water, etc. The most commonly used chemical is phthalate**s, which makes plastics soft and bendable. This is not chemically bound to plastic, so it can get transferred to other things easily.

http://www.healingfoodreference.com/

Microplastics, plastic pieces smaller than 5 millimeters, have become increasingly prevalent in the natural world, and a suite of studies published in the last three years, including several from 2020, shows that they’ve contaminated not only the ocean and pristine wildernesses, but the air, our food, and even our bodies.
Past research has indicated that 5.25 trillion plastic pieces are floating in the ocean, but a new study says that there are 2.5 to 10 times more microplastics in the ocean than previously thought, while another recent study found that microplastic “hotspots” could hold 1.9 million pieces per square meter.
Other emerging research suggests that 136,000 tons of microplastics in the ocean are being ejected into the atmosphere each year, and blowing back onto land with the sea breeze, posing a risk to human health.
Microplastics are also present in drinking water, and edible fruits and vegetables, according to new research, which means that humans are ingesting microplastics every day.

2 Likes

Might help people with small space.

Wat else is found in our food supplies?

Senomyx: How You’re Putting Aborted Babies In Your Body

Posted on October 7, 2021

In light of recent breaking news from Project Veritas, as shown in my previous post, I’ve written this post as an introduction to get some of you off your butts to do the research and discover this for yourselves.

Okay, we’ve got this genetic material named HEK-293 and this company that uses it named Senomyx.

293T (or HEK 293T) is a derivative human cell line that expresses a mutant version of the SV40 large T antigen. It is very commonly used in biological research for making proteins and producing recombinant retroviruse.Wikipedia

Senomyx was an American biotechnology company that developed food additives. The company claimed to have “reverse engineered” human taste and aroma receptors… Around year 2001, Senomyx patented several flavour enhancers by using “proprietary taste receptor-based assay systems”, which have been previously expressed in human cell culture, in HEK293 cells.Wikipedia

Notice how Senomyx can brag that it reverse engineered human taste and aroma receptors. I wonder how they did that, don’t you? You did notice the part that says they develop food additives, right? As in, food additives.

The problem is that HEK-293 is partially made from human aborted fetal tissue. But that’s okay, right, because the abortion was voluntary? Personally, I don’t think aborted human tissue should be used in any kind of research, period. Call me a loony, but I especially don’t want it in products like these:

“What they (Senomyx) don’t tell the public is that they are using HEK 293 — human embryonic kidney cells taken from an electively aborted baby to produce those receptors,” Debi Vinnedge of the pro-life group Children of God for Life said about the ugly truth of the flavoring chemical industry. “They could have easily chosen animal, insect, or other morally obtained human cells expressing the G protein for taste receptors.”

Vaccines, “beauty products” loaded with chemicals made from unborn babies murdered via legalized genocide.

Processed food isn’t the only hidden source of additives made using aborted human fetal tissue — many so-called “beauty products” and vaccines are also loaded with aborted baby tissue-derived additives. According to EndAllDisease.com, Neocutis “beauty” products and anti-wrinkle creams are made from aborted male baby cells collected after a 14-week gestation period.Genuine Christianity Now, 2019

The Fact Checkers can kiss my ass, but let’s take a look at one of them anyway. This is regarding the claim that Senomyx put aborted babies into Pepsi soda.

Story: Pepsi uses aborted fetus cells in their drinks, as an ingredient for creating flavor enhancers.

In August 2010 Senomyx and PepsiCo, the world’s second-largest food and beverage business, entered into a four-year collaborative agreement related to Senomyx’s sweet-taste technology.

Advertisements

Report this ad

PepsiCo’s collaboration with Senomyx will focus on the discovery, development and commercialization of sweet enhancers and natural high-potency sweeteners with the intent to bring to the marketplace lower-calorie, great tasting PepsiCo beverages.

Initially, when the news broke out, both PepsiCo and Senomyx refused to accept it. Senomyx insisted that they are only working to make foods and beverages tasty, while reducing the sugar and salt content in them. PepsiCo maintained that they are using the research for developing better flavors for their consumers, and that their products, as an ingredient, did not directly contain the HEK from aborted human fetal cells.

According to the CBS news report, Pepsi is not the only food/beverage company to be associated with Senomyx. Kraft’s (KFT) Cadbury unit, Nestle (NESN), the soybean company Solae and the flavor company Firmenich also have similar partnerships.

To conclude, Pepsi does not use any material from aborted baby fetuses in its finished products. It partnered with the flavor enhancing company Senomyx, which certainly used the controversial and unethical HEK cells from aborted human fetuses for their studies. As pointed by Vinnedge, for their research purpose, Senomyx can use other morally obtained cells like that from Monkey.

Conclusion: Mixture of hoax and facts. – Hoax Or Fact article

So, here is the big debate. The Christian website claims aborted baby cells are in our food. Pepsi and Senomyx say no, but we do use them to enhance our flavors during our research. Who should we believe? Well, Pepsi and Senomyx denied the accusations when they were confronted, as seen in the Hoax Or Fact article. Also, in my last post, Pfizer tried to keep the info secret about their coof vax containing HEK-293. I sure as hell don’t trust Big Pharma, and I don’t really trust Big Corporations either. Why? Because they lie to us, especially when they get caught. Bottom line: Screw the research. Stop using human fetal tissue and stop paying abortion clinics big money to keep killing babies.

By the way, using HEK-293 / aborted babies is cool with Pope Francis.

On 21 December 2020, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, with the document receiving approval from the Pope, have stated that “it is morally acceptable to receive COVID-19 vaccines that have used cell lines from aborted fetuses in their research and production process”, but only where other alternatives are non-existent (or currently unavailable), or when there’s the risk of a worse danger.Wikipedia

Another article on the Pepsi scandal, from Life Site., 2012

Products That Use Aborted Fetuses – article on Human Life International, 2021

A PDF image from Human Life International, showing the products you should boycott.

Fish Off Florida Coast Test Positive for Pharmaceuticals

https://www.newsmax.com/us/science-health-pharmaceuticals-environment/2022/05/30/id/1072185/

A study finished earlier this year found fish off the Biscayne Bay and the Florida Keys are testing positive for several pharmaceutical drugs as human wastewater makes its way out into the ocean.

Among the drugs found in the fish populations by Florida International University and nonprofit scientists since 2018 were antidepressants, antibiotics, pain relievers, and prostate medications.

"These findings are truly alarming," stated lead researcher Jennifer Rehage, a coastal and fish ecologist and associate professor at the FIU Institute of Environment.

"Pharmaceuticals are an invisible threat, unlike algal blooms or turbid waters. Yet these results tell us that they are a formidable threat to our fisheries, and highlight the pressing need to address our longstanding wastewater infrastructure issues."

The FIU researchers and Bonefish and Tarpon Trust, a conservation group focused on preserving bonefish and tarpon populations and habitats, collected the contaminated samples from 93 bonefish and tarpon in the area.

The group found each bonefish and tarpon had an average of seven drugs in its system, with one bonefish tallying in a whopping 17 different drugs in its blood and tissues.

"Coastal fisheries face increasing threats associated with human-based contaminants," BTT President and CEO Jim McDuffie said.

"Pharmaceuticals are an often overlooked dimension of water quality and their presence in South Florida bonefish is cause for concern. These contaminants pose a significant threat to the flats fishery, an important part of Florida's recreational saltwater fishery, which has an annual economic impact of $9.2 billion and directly support over 88,500 jobs."

The results from the Florida coast study come three years after a similar one conducted in Australia found that fluoxetine disrupts the foraging behavior of the eastern mosquitofish, according to the Daily Mail.

1 Like

Jury Hears Opening Statements in Latest Roundup Weedkiller Cancer Trial

1 Like

Fast Food Diet May Cause "Irreversible" Brain Damage

1 Like

Everyone should be growing plants like a garden of Eden, growing plants reminds us of our God. He is the creator of all good things and when we keep his laws he makes our crops grow abundantly. I love plants I love nature if I had my own land I to would be growing plants for plants are a gift from God. No picture no art can compare to the beauty of a fresh grown plant!

These are reasons the I AM gave us his dietary laws, to prevent sickness and death from sin eating. If we all returned to the Law of God we all could have access to clean drinking water, fresh home grown foods and animals. Return to the Law of Israel and keep the commandments of the I AM and he shall bless you and your crop your home and your seed in the bosom. He shall take away all sickness that ye have known and put them upon those that hate you. Love the God of your fathers Israel and return to his laws statues and commandments given to Moses at Mt. Sinai

So true. It is thought that women like flowers and a bouquet of flowers is considered a lovely gift. As lovely as it seems it is best, in my opinion, to keep the flowers in nature in the ground where they grow instead of shriveling up and dying in a vase. I prefer cows over a bouquet of flowers :slightly_smiling_face:

I thought this article [below] was a parody (joke), but it appears to be true. The gift of cows:

Ugandan president's son offers 100 cows to marry likely Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni

Threatened war should the 'Romans' refuse his offer

Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni's son, Muhoozi Kainerugaba, issued a bizarre string of Tweets this week in which offered to trade 100 cows for the right to marry likely Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni and threatened war should the "Romans" refuse his offer.

"For my Italian friends, these are Nkore cows," Kainerugaba wrote. "The most beautiful cows on earth. I know Europeans give girls they like flowers? I have never understood it. In our culture you give a girl you like a cow."

"I would give her 100 Nkore cows immediately! For being fearless and true!!" he wrote in a separate Tweet that included a picture of Meloni.

The importance to teach our children not to harvest the flower but to let it grow and reproduce is important for the future of our children as is the flower

The bees would agree. :honeybee: Butterflies too. :butterfly:
Not to mention all the bugs and insects.

1 Like

We are all connected ware one goes we all go, we are never alone for Father is with us. Only the total lunatic insane government wants us to feel and be physically alone. We are spirit beings and are not designed to be alone. We are suppose to love one each another not physically but spiritually, setting a good example, encouraging others to do the right thing. It is the government who are all Satanist who want to break us and destroy us so they can control and manipulate us. Knowing there own plot would not succeed, they had to first destroy nature (Almost completely so far) so that we would loose our ability to farm and depend on Father for our basic need. Then (This generation) they have to destroy all forms of culture so that people will become mindless zombies only thinking for themselves. No life is to small when we destroy all the flowers we destroy the bees, when the bees are gone the butterflies disappear, soon enough all insects become rare. what happens next? The end of mankind also known as Armageddon.

1 Like

Not all burgers are created equal...

Someone pointed out this burger place, and it seems they use all natural ingredients, grinding the meet daily.

FAQ - vanliga frågor - Bastard Burgers

YES! Swedish beef -

How do you handle the meat?

We grind meat in the restaurants daily to ensure quality and the right mix. The hamburgers consist of a mixture of, among other things, prime rib, leg and brisket. We grind up for the day's needs and roll into balls which are then smashed on the grill table.

It's best to be careful though-

Thats why it would be nice to have ones own garden, and land, where there would be no need for gmo, chemicals, etc., that contribute to the demise of society.

1 Like