Why can't we just get along?

Archived on 100777.com on 31.05.2003

by JAH

Dear All,

Some people wonder why it is that people cannot just all get along, when they are supposed to be followers of Christ. So I have to ask them, have you ever studied Scripture? Particularly the words of Jesus:-

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a "Sword" (Rev. 1:16).

For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

And a man's foes [SHALL BE] they of his own household.

He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter (or anyone or anything) more than me is not worthy of me.

And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

King of kings' Bible - Matthew 10:34-39

So why are you asking why people can't get along?

Also Paul said:-

Now for a recompence in the same, (I speak as unto [my] children,) be ye also enlarged.

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? And what communion hath light with darkness?

And what concord hath Christ with Wickedness? Or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

And what agreement hath the Temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the Living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in [them]; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean [thing]; and I will receive you,

And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be My [adopted] sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh (human) and spirit, (the Being) perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

King of kings' Bible - 2 Corinthians 6:13-7:1

So, as you claim to be a follower of Jesus, why do you not know and understand that you are not supposed to get along with everyone?

Peace be upon you,

JAH.

4 Likes