Truth about Journalists: There is no such thing as an independent press

john swinton

"There is no such a thing in America as an independent press, unless it is out in country towns. You are all slaves. You know it, and I know it. There is not one of you who dares to express an honest opinion. If you expressed it, you would know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid $150 for keeping honest opinions out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for doing similar things. If I should allow honest opinions to be printed in one issue of my paper, I would be like Othello before twenty-four hours: my occupation would be gone. The man who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the street hunting for another job. The business of a New York journalist is to distort the truth, to lie outright, to pervert, to vilify, to fawn at the feet of Mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread, or for what is about the same -- his salary. You know this, and I know it; and what foolery to be toasting an 'Independent Press! We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are jumping-jacks. They pull the string and we dance. Our time, our talents, our lives, our possibilities, are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes."

~John Swinton (1829–1901) was a Scottish-American journalist, newspaper publisher, and orator

7 Likes

Thank-You.

The country towns are having the same problems.

3 Likes

You're welcome.

3 Likes

Local, National Media Paid $MILLIONS To Push COVID-19 Vaccines

In January, the Conejo Guardian reported that $1.8 million of federal COVID money was used by Ventura County supervisors to buy positive local media coverage regarding business-shattering public health mandates.

In January, the Conejo Guardian reported that $1.8 million of federal COVID money was used by Ventura County supervisors to buy positive local media coverage regarding business-shattering public health mandates.

The investigation showed that, among other media outlets, The Acorn Newspapers received $450,000 in forgivable federal “COVID” loans and $262,000 in County funding via advertisements, and the Acorn’s coverage of public health policy was universally positive and affirming during that time.

This trend was true with all local news sources the Guardian surveyed.

This story has exploded nationally as an investigation by TheBlaze shows that $1 billion of federal money went to hundreds of local newspapers and TV stations, plus major players like Fox News, CNN, Newsmax, The Washington Post and the Los Angeles Times (LA Times), to promote the federal government’s message about COVID mandates, “vaccinations” and more.

In a report entitled, “Exclusive: The federal government paid hundreds of media companies to advertise the COVID-19 vaccines while those same outlets provided positive coverage of the vaccines,” reporter Chris Pandolfo laid out the results of a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request filed by TheBlaze.

“HHS [the Department of Health and Human Services] revealed that it purchased advertising from major news networks including ABC, CBS, and NBC, as well as cable TV news stations Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC, legacy media publications including the New York Post, the Los Angeles Times, and the Washington Post, digital media companies like BuzzFeed News and Newsmax, and hundreds of local newspapers and TV stations,” Pandolfo wrote. “These outlets were collectively responsible for publishing countless articles and video segments regarding the vaccine that were nearly uniformly positive about the vaccine in terms of both its efficacy and safety.”

The report continued, “[T]axpayer dollars flowing to their companies were not disclosed to audiences.” The purpose of the $1,000,000,000 media infusion was to “strengthen vaccine confidence in the United States.”

For the entire article Go to...

Tune into The Great Deceiver

Television Watching News Believer...

1 Like

“JOURNALISTS FOR HIRE: HOW THE CIA BUYS THE NEWS”

One of his last interviews, Dr. Udo Ulfkotte.
Dr. Ulfkotte died of a sudden heart attack in 2017.

Udo Ulfkotte Exposed the CIA’s Role in Controlling Worldwide Media in his book “Journalists For Hire” and Should Be Celebrated Among the Great Whistleblowers of All-Time

A former editor for the German main daily newspaper, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (FAZ), Dr. Udo Ulfkotte became nationally renowned in dissident circles for his 2014 book Journalists for Hire: How the CIA Buys the News, originally published in German, which went through multiple translations.

The book relays Ulfkotte’s experience with how the CIA and German Intelligence (BND) bribe journalists to write articles free of truth and facts, and with a decidedly pro-Western, pro-NATO bent or, in other words, propaganda.