Study His Words in The Upper Room

From God Calling, August 2 -

"Consciousness of that Love called forth your joy. Study My Words in the Upper Room - "Loved of My Father"; "I will love him"; "That your Joy might be full."

During these last hours that Jesus spent with His disciples, He ate with them, instituted the New Covenant in His blood, gave them last-minute instructions and encouragement.

John 13:1–17:26

See also:
Luke 22:7–39
Matthew 26:20–30
Mark 14:12–26

Share thoughts about these verses.

6 Likes

We still have to speak the truth and fear not.
That perhaps some that you share the truth with will believe and be saved

7 Likes

Following Jesus’ example and being guided by him Ive known temptation but none of it is real.

5 Likes

Satan seeks to break the heart, soul, mind. Jesus / The Lord seeks to restore them.

6 Likes

Luke 22:19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake [it], and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: whenever you do this remember me.

Christ made a way for us to become like Him, brake [it], overcome the body in the moments through thought, word, and deed, remembering Him. He laid his body down by complete control over it. While obeying Christ Teachings all things are possible.

John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his "Self" life for his friends.

6 Likes

(Upper Room) John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

So often we are fighting internal battles with Satan in our minds. They can manifest into Satan giving us all kinds of "what-ifs" to consider and usually they are designed to produce fear. Let's say we need to do something important, but we are unsure how to proceed. Satan uses this as an opportunity to attack us with questions - the "what-ifs", which are designed to make us fear, doubt and do something completely the opposite of what should be done. And once we get through the battle and do what we were supposed to do, we see how it all turned out according to plan. We realize that the battle wasn't with the thing we needed to do, it was always the prior battle with Satan in our minds beforehand. I think that's why it's important to have peace and think about peace when faced with something important to do. Peace is the opposite of fear and it will allow us to hear Father's voice and be guided by The Holy Spirit.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

7 Likes

(Upper Room)

John15:1 I am the True Vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
15:2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit He taketh away: and every [branch] that beareth fruit, He pruneth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

15:3 Now ye are clean through the Word which I have spoken unto you.
15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
15:5 I am the vine, ye [are] the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast [them] into the fire, and they are burned.
15:7 If ye abide in me, and MY Words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you (if it be God's Will).
15:8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

Galations 5:22 But the fruit of the Holy Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no Law.

Temperance in its modern use is defined as moderation or voluntary self-restraint - "self"-control; of which is a big lesson from The Lord for us today:

You must die to "Self" daily - DAILY until your human "Self"-will and "Self"-ishness are dead and then, when you are TRULY spirit in an earthen vessel, and NOT an earthen vessel with spirit in it, you will be motivated only by Christ and He will be Living in your earthen-vessel, with you , instead of the "Self" living in it. You will then be working 24 hours a day to set up His Kingdom of Israel; - a NATION with God's Laws]; Statutes; Judgements; Economic Policy; Agricultural Policy and healthy balanced diet etc., for Him to reign over here on Earth and NOT a spiritualised abstract church. (The Divine in Me)

5 Likes

(Upper Room)

John 13:6 Then cometh he to Simon Peter: and Peter saith unto him, Lord, dost thou wash my feet?
13:7 Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.
13:8 Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.
13:9 Simon Peter saith unto him, Lord, not my feet only, but also [my] hands and [my] head (brain).
13:10 Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash [his] feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.

I find it interesting that Peter at first told the Lord that He would not wash his feet. This reminds me of Cord in The Silent Flute who wanted to be the student, yet at first didn't understand the lesson. Of course, when he realized it was a lesson, he was all in.

Jesus also knew not all the disciples were clean.
John 13:11 For he knew who should betray him; therefore said he, Ye are not all clean.

Then in verse 13:12, He asks, "Know ye what I have done to you?"

13:13 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for [so] I am.
13:14 If I then, [your] Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.
13:15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
13:16 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than He that sent him.
13:17 If ye KNOW these things, happy are ye if ye DO them.

If ye KNOW these things, happy are ye if ye DO them.

Happy means "Enjoying, showing, or marked by pleasure, satisfaction, or joy (and joy is a fruit of The Spirit :slight_smile:.)

I need to be more joyful about tasks I do to help. Overall, it is a privilege to work for The Lord, but I'm not sure if I display the joy as I should be. I'm going to work on that. I also recall a children's song that I sang when this body was 9 years old - Joy, Joy, Joy, Down in My Heart.

3 Likes

This evening's YODA ties into controlling/cruifying the self, and even what The Lord spoke about in the Upper Room:

No Hurt. - August 8

He that overcometh shall not be hurt by the second death.

The first death is the death to 'Self', the result of overcoming, of 'Self'-conquest. This is gradual death.

When it is complete, the second death shall cause no hurt. For it is only the conquering Spirit sloughing away its human habitation for a better Life.

The courage My Martyrs showed was not only fearlessness engendered in time of persecution through faith in Me, and in My power to support and sustain. It was consequent on the overcoming of 'Self' already achieved. 'Self', having truly died, this second death had no hurt for them.

Theirs was then the Risen Life with Me.

(Upper Room) John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am The Way, the Truth, and the Life: NOT one man cometh unto the Father, EXCEPT by me.

TWHOFTF 2:2 The objective, was for each and every one of them to learn, individually, to be like God (Matt. 5:48 & 19:17); which, later on in history; because people had lost their way and couldn’t find it again by themselves; had to be demonstrated by Jesus, whose teachings taught the ONLY way that you can be taught (I am The Way [home], the Truth and the Life; not one man can come to the Father [home], unless he is like me - John 14:6); i.e. unselfish; humble; kind; loving and considerate to everyone, including his enemies, and “willing” to sacrifice his own human-life, for the benefit of everyone.

(Upper Room) John 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and [that] your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, He may give it you.

Temperance is related to self-control, but so is longsuffering.
Longsuffering is "long, patient endurance of insult, abuse or mistreatment" - “long-tempered.” It is to have self-restraint when one is stirred to anger.

Psalm 86:15 But Thou, O Lord, [art] a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.

2 Likes

Blessing and Peace be upon you.

In the Upper Room: The Lord was to be and became the Resurrected Christ. From His later Words, "It is finished", it was learnt that His Mission (then) was completed in full (for that time period). We are with a Living Christ Who fulfills His Mission for this time period.

Bright Reality. - October 4

O Jesus make Thyself to me
A living, bright reality.

Then will you show Me as a living bright reality? I died that I might live in you, My Followers, and you present Me to the world as a dead Christ.

"I am alive for evermore."

Though you may repeat those words they are not vibrant with Life, here and now. They speak but of My existence in another sphere, far removed from this earth and its joys and sorrows, achievement and stress.

Yet in all these daily things I would have My Spirit active in and through you.

How can man so misread My Teaching? YODA - JEDI Master

2 Likes

Nice topic for discussion.

The "upper room" can also be analogous with the the mind. Is it only a coincidence that the body's head has 2 "temples"?
What is between these 2 temples is the pre-frontal cortex of the body's brain. Supposedly the decision making part of the brain.

If we choose to decide to think good thoughts instead of evil self serving thoughts, we are more likely to say good words, instead of evil destructive words. If we follow through on the good words with good deeds we are then building a better world around us.

THOUGHTS lead to WORDS, which lead to DEEDS.

Much of The Lord's Teachings are in regards to the self-CONTROL of the body and its brain. We all know that the brain is the place where the body is controlled from. Within the human's brain lies the ego that seeks to preserve and protect itself above all else (the enemy within). By killing the ego / self through self-crucifixion, daily (making a habit of it until it is no longer a cognitive thought), we are then able to free up the body's energy and time that was previously spent focused on imaginary fears of the future which very well may, and probably will NEVER happen. Likewise, much time (and energy) can be spent lamenting over how someone may have hurt the ego's "feelings". This is human brain activity, not the Spirit Being's Mind. This time can be much better used, and it is quite liberating to simply "change one's mind".

Focus on the Go(o)d, and receive Revelations from Father (open conduit). Then DO. Faith without works is dead.

1 Cor. 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
3:17 If any man defile the Temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the Temple of God is holy, which [temple] ye are.
3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
3:20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are worthless.

With self (brain) control, and living a life in the present instead of the past or future, we can then create new positive memories if we are doing God's Will (building His Kingdom), on Earth as it is in heaven.

By focusing on God and the benefits of His creation (other fallen angels), we learn compassion and self-less love.

By focusing the temple of our minds (our own upper room) on Father and His Will instead of the ego/self, we are able to really help Father and The Lord to build The Kingdom of God.

5 Likes

How they get to the upper room is interesting.

John and Peter seem to represent Christ’s feet.

1 Like

(Upper Room)
John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, [there] ye may be also.
14:4 And where I go ye know, and The Way ye know.

His Words fulfilled :slight_smile: :

"I will come again" – On The Way to Emmaus Again

"The Way" – The Way home or face The Fire

2 Likes

Luke 22:16 For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in The Kingdom of God.
22:17 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide [it] among yourselves:
22:18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until The Kingdom of God shall come.

22:20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup [is] the New Covenant in my blood, which is shed for you.

Taken from [Holy Communion ](Holy Communion.pdf (74.2 KB)) "Holy Communion is NOT the man-made tradition/pagan ritual that the churches have fabricated. Christ told us that He is “the bread of life” and that we would never hunger (spiritually) if we came to Him. Those who seek Him (the Truth - Matt. 7:7-8) with ALL of their heart (Jer. 29:13) will find that spiritual food and drink (Christ) from heaven just as He promised us".

"Take up your cross DAILY and follow ME - MY example and Teaching on how to do it." (Luke 9:23).

4 Likes