Russian News

Official talks between Presidents al-Assad and Putin start, Kremlin

Official talks between President Bashar al-Assad and Russian President Vladimir Putin in the Kremlin started, in the presence of the delegations from the two countries.

President Putin at the beginning of the talks said “I am glad to see you in Moscow, and I thank you for accepting this invitation. We are witnessing a great development in relations binding our two countries”

Putin added the devastating earthquake has worsened the suffering of the Syrian people, and Russia as a friend country spares no effort to mitigate such hardship.

Putin went on to say “Syrian-Russian ties are constantly developing and the trade exchange has increased between the two countries”.

President al-Assad, in turn, said “I am very pleased with this visit. The meetings between our officials do not stop, but the international changes over the past year require us to meet for developing common conceptions for this stage.”

“We thank Russia for the great assistance it provided to face the repercussions of the earthquake, especially the Ministry of Defense and the Russian army, which directly contributed to rescuing the injured in the earthquake”. President Assad added.

President Al-Assad went on to say “The Syrian people express their gratitude to Russia’s stances that confirm commitment to respecting Syria’s sovereignty and territorial integrity”.

“Upon the first visit to Russia since the start of the Ukrainian war, Syria reiterates its support to Russia during its fight against Western-backed Nazis”, al-Assad underlined.

President al-Assad stressed that there is an urgent need to restore balance to the world otherwise it will be directed to destruction”.

“We are satisfied with the results of the work of the Syrian Russian joint committee, and my visit today paves the way to new stage in relation to the bilateral ties.” President al-Assad noted.