Remember, remember!
The fifth of November,
The Gunpowder treason and plot;
I know of no reason
Why the Gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot!

VforVendetta

Quotes from the movie V for Vendetta:

“People shouldn’t be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people.”

“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea… and ideas are bulletproof.”

“The past can’t hurt you anymore. Not unless you let it. They made you into a victim, Evey. They made you into a statistic. But, that’s not the real you. That’s not who you are inside.”

“Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it.”

“Love your rage, not your cage.”

“They say that life’s a game, & then they take the board away.”

“Your pretty empire took so long to build, now, with a snap of history’s fingers, down it goes.”

“Equality and freedom are not luxuries to lightly cast aside. Without them, order cannot long endure before approaching depths beyond imagining.”

“By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.”

“I hope that the world turns and that things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you. I love you. With all my heart, I love you.”

“I didn’t put you in a prison, Evey. I just showed you the bars.”

“The ending is nearer than you think, and it is already written. All that we have left to choose is the correct moment to begin.”

“You’re in a prison, Evey. You were born in a prison. You’ve been in a prison so long, you no longer believe there’s a world outside.”

“Since mankind’s dawn, a handful of oppressors have accepted the responsibility over our lives that we should have accepted for ourselves. By doing so, they took our power. By doing nothing, we gave it away. We’ve seen where their way leads, through camps and wars, towards the slaughterhouse.”

“You faced the fear of your own death and you were calm and still. The door of the cage is open, Evey.” (V for Vendetta Quotes On Society and Humanity | Everyday Power)

V for Vendetta of J for Justice?
https://jforjustice.net/e2go.html

3 Likes

Treason should never be forgot

2 Likes

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1517247/london-news-parliament-square-protest-live-fireworks-westminster-police-million-mask-march

Protesters planned several locations across the capital including Trafalgar Square and Parliament Square as part of the demonstration.

Footage shared on social media shows many of the protesters wearing Guy Fawkes masks to mark November 5.

In the footage, the demonstrators can be heard shouting: "Freedom" as they marched through the streets of London.

Hundreds of protesters were filmed standing outside Downing Street while others were seen holding flares outside the Houses of Parliament.

Other footage and pictures show protesters carrying a dummy of what appears to be Prime Minister Boris Johnson.

In one piece of footage, the protesters have set fire to the effigy - much like many people do on Bonfire Night.

Anonymous UK Citizen tweeted: "Effigy of Boris Johnson set alight in Trafalgar Square."

1 Like