GIBRALTAR TOTAL LUNAR ECLIPSE

On Monday 16th May we shall be having a total Lunar Eclipse that we can witness from Gibraltar, although it will be too low in the horizon during its mid stage, when the Moon starts passing the Earth's shadow, to actually witness the event in its entirety.

WHAT IS A LUNAR ECLIPSE?

Although scientifically a Lunar Eclipse has not the significance of a solar one. Yet we one can argue that it still proves to determine a number of factors related to our planet.

During a Total Lunar Eclipse, the Sun, Earth and Moon form a straight line. The Earth blocks any direct sunlight from reaching the Moon. The Sun is behind the Earth, so the Sun's light casts the Earth's shadow on the Moon. This shadow covers the entire Moon and causes a Total Lunar Eclipse.

William Recagno
President
Gibraltar Astronomical Society

Click to see image.

2 Likes

Click to see image.

3 Likes

This event happened in 583BC

On the 16th there was a Lunar Eclipse in the Constellation of Taurus; the astronomical Zodiac Constellation represented by the bull symbol; during which time the moon would have looked blood-red and would have been seen as an omen of death and defeat by the Baal-worshippers, whose symbol is also a bull..

https://jahtruth.net/tephisum.htm

3 Likes

Joel 2:31 The "sun" shall be turned into darkness, and the "moon" into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the "I AM" come.
2:32 And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the "I AM" shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the "I AM" hath said, and in the remnant whom the "I AM" shall call.
3:1 For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem,
3:2 I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Judgement, and will plead with them there for My people and [for] My heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted My land.
3:3 And they have cast lots for My people; and have given a boy for an harlot, and sold a girl for wine, that they might drink.
3:4 Yea, and what have ye to do with Me, O Tyre, and Zidon, and all the coasts of Palestine? will ye render Me a recompence? and if ye recompense Me, swiftly [and] speedily will I return your recompence upon your own head;
3:5 Because ye have taken My silver and My gold, and have carried into your temples My goodly pleasant things:
3:6 The children also of Judah and the children of Jerusalem have ye sold unto the Grecians, that ye might remove them far from their border.
3:7 Behold, I will raise them out of the place where ye have sold them, and will return your recompence upon your own head:
3:8 And I will sell your sons and your daughters into the hand of the children of Judah, and they shall sell them to the Sabeans, to a people far off: for the "I AM" hath spoken [it].
3:9 Proclaim ye this among the Gentiles; Prepare war, wake up the mighty men, let all the men of war draw near; let them come up:
3:10 Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I [am] strong.
3:11 Assemble yourselves, and come, all ye heathen, and gather yourselves together round about: there cause thy mighty ones to come down, O "I AM".
3:12 Let the heathen be wakened, and come up to the valley of Judgement: for there will I sit to judge all the heathen round about.
3:13 Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe: come, get you down; for the press is full, the fats overflow; for their wickedness [is] great.
3:14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the "I AM" [is] near in the valley of decision.
3:15 The "sun" and the "moon" shall be darkened, and the "stars" shall withdraw their shining.
3:16 The "I AM" also shall roar out of Zion, and utter His voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the "I AM" [will be] the hope of His people, and the strength of the children of Israel.
3:17 So shall ye know that I [am] the "I AM" your God dwelling in Zion, My Holy Mountain (Moriah): then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.
3:18 And it shall come to pass in that day, [that] the mountains shall drop down new wine, and the hills shall flow with milk, and all the rivers of Judah shall flow with waters, and a Fountain shall come forth of The House of the "I AM", and shall water the valley of Shittim.
3:19 Egypt shall be a desolation, and Edom shall be a desolate wilderness, for the violence [against] the children of Judah, because they have shed innocent blood in their land.
3:20 But Judah shall dwell for ever, and Jerusalem from generation to generation.
3:21 For I will cleanse their blood [that] I have not cleansed: for the "I AM" dwelleth in Zion.

4 Likes

6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth Seal (using his "Key"), and, lo, there was a great "earthquake"; and the "sun" became black as sackcloth of hair, and the "moon" became as blood; (Please see my "The Four Horsemen of The Apocalypse & the Two Witnesses" Booklet for the Bible Prophecy " Code ")
6:13 And "the stars of heaven" fell unto the "earth", even as the "fig tree" casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind (Ezekiel 13:13).
9:13 And the sixth angel sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God,
9:14 Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound (Please see the Book of Enoch in the "King of kings' Bible") in the great River Euphrates.
9:15 And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for The Hour, and The Day, (the month, and the year) for to slay the third part of men. ( 2,000,000,000 ).
9:16 And the number of the army of the horsemen [were] two hundred thousand thousand (200,000,000): and I HEARD the number of them.
9:17 And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses [were] as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone (sulphur).
9:18 By these three was the third part of men killed ( 2,000,000,000) , by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone (sulphur), which issued out of their mouths.
9:19 For their power is in their mouth, and in their tails: for their tails [were] like unto serpents, and had heads, and with them they do hurt.
9:20 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils (liars), and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood (materialism): which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:
9:21 Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.
16:12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great River Euphrates; and the "water " (Rev., 17:15) thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the East (eastern block - the U.S.S.R. and China re-united) might be prepared.
16:13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs [come] out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
16:14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, [which] go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the WHOLE WORLD , to gather them to The Battle of that Great Day of God Almighty (Armageddon ).

https://jahtruth.net/ww3-2.htm

4 Likes

@be1 , @NancyDrewberry ,

Thank-you both for the Scriptures.

Acts 2:20 The "sun" shall be turned into darkness, and the "moon" into blood, before that great and notable Day of the Lord come: 2:21 And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Sura 2:2. This is the Book; in it is guidance sure, without doubt, to those who fear the "I AM"; 2:3. Who believe in the Unseen, are steadfast in prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them; 2:4. And who believe in the revelation sent to thee, and sent before thy time, and (in their hearts) have the assurance of the Hereafter.

4 Likes

@Persistent

You're certainly welcome

1 Like