Elon Musk Exposed

World’s Richest Men Lose Billions as Cryptocurrency, Tech Stocks Tank

The richest men in the world have lost billions of dollars in the past week as cryptocurrency markets and technology stocks plummet.

According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, Elon Musk lost US$12.5 billion ($17.41 billion) in the past 24 hours, Jeff Bezos lost US$9.17 billion ($12.78 billion), and Facebook – now Meta – CEO Mark Zuckerberg lost US$4.86 billion ($6.77 billion).

Changpeng Zhao, CEO of the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange Binance, lost a whopping $13.3 billion ($18.53 billion) in one day.

https://onebodytouchworks.com/index.php/2022/01/24/worlds-richest-men-lose-billions-as-cryptocurrency-tech-stocks-tank/

1 Like

Elon Musk’s Neuralink Human Brain Chip Nears Testing Phase

Elon Musk’s Neuralink brain chip is nearing the testing phase when humans will have these chips installed on their brains. The billionaire’s neurotechnology firm is now in the process of hiring clinical trial staffers as it awaits regulatory approval.

Neuralink, the US neurotechnology firm co-founded by billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk, has begun recruiting key employees to run its clinical trials, signaling that it’s inching closer to starting human testing of its brain implants. These chips will be installed on the brains of human beings in order to integrate humans into an artificial intelligence “borg” system.

The company has now posted advertisements to hire a clinical trial director and a clinical trial coordinator. The ads note that the staffers will “work closely with some of the most innovative doctors and top engineers, as well as working with Neuralink’s first clinical trial participants.” Neuralink said the director will lead and help build its clinical research team and will develop “regulatory interactions that come with a fast-paced and ever-evolving environment.”

Musk, who ranks as the world’s richest person with a fortune estimated at $256 billion, said last month that he expects to have Neuralink brain chips implanted in humans sometime in 2022, pending approval for testing plans by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

It’s always a good idea to question things that the world’s richest person is doing, especially when it comes to chipping fellow human beings. We are at a very dark place in human history right now.

Neuralink has already tested its chips in the brains of a macaque monkey and a pig. The company raised eyebrows last April when it posted footage purporting to show a monkey playing a video game with its mind. -RT

Even though Musk originally claimed his brain chip won’t be “mandatory,” things could always change. For example, look at how we were lied to about the COVID-19 “vaccine.” That wasn’t supposed to be mandatory either, and yet the ruling class continues to try to make it so. Laws could begin to mandate anyone who wants to participate in society to link their brain with AI. This should be concerning to everyone.

2 Likes

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears

Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the community of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and [that] the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
3:19 As many as I love, I REBUKE AND CHASTEN: be zealous therefore, and repent.
3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in My Throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in His Throne.
3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the communities.

Titus 1:16 They claim that they know God; but in [their] works they deny [Him], being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

1 Peter Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God.

Rev 3:2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

The noble side of Elon Musk (and an interesting article explaining the Gell-Mann Amnesia Effect): Elon Musk Says He’s Not Blocking Russian Media From Starlink Despite ‘Some Governments’ Asking Elon Musk Says He's Not Blocking Russian Media From Starlink Despite 'Some Governments' Asking

WENDY ROGERS APPLAUDS ‘COMMON SENSE’ COMING FROM ELON MUSK AFTER HE CALLS FOR A NUCLEAR POWER RESTART IN EUROPE

Arizona GOP State Sen Wendy Rogers applauded the “Common sense” coming from Elon Musk after he called today for a nuclear power restart in Europe.

Musk declared in a Twitter thread today, “Hopefully, it is now extremely obvious that Europe should restart dormant nuclear power stations and increase power output of existing ones.”

“This is critical to national and international security,” Musk insisted.

Musk then explained, “For those who (mistakenly) think this is a radiation risk, pick what you think is the worst location.”

“I will travel there & eat locally grown food on TV. I did this in Japan many years ago, shortly after Fukushima. Radiation risk is much, much lower than most people believe,” Musk pointed out.

Musk added, “Also nuclear is vastly better for global warming than burning hydrocarbons for energy.”

One verified Twitter user, Jim Osman, responded, “Until one is mismanaged again and leaks everywhere. That’s the risk of more.”

Osman got ratioed, however, with many pointing out how there weren’t many deaths in the various incidents that have occurred surrounding nuclear power plants in the past.

Rogers quote tweeted Musk and pointed out, “Such common sense coming from Elon these days.”

We reported on Friday that Musk weighed in on the current economic crisis in America and said that he thinks that “we need to increase oil & gas output immediately” even if it hurts his bottom line.

Is the little "Blue Bird" about to be set free?

Long before the rockets and the electric cars, before the high-speed trains and the brain implants and the flamethrowers, Elon Musk was in the content business.

In 1996, Zip2, the company he’d founded with his brother, started courting newspapers with a service that would allow them to build online directories of classified ads, real-estate listings, car deals, and entertainment events. The internet was still new and mysterious, and news organizations around the country were glad to have help getting online. Even The New York Times signed up. The business was so lucrative that the Musk brothers moved Zip2 into a bigger office to make room for all their new employees.

Now Musk has found himself in the content business once again, this time as Twitter’s largest shareholder and, as of this morning, a newly appointed board member. The CEO of SpaceX and Tesla has purchased a 9.2 percent stake in the social-media platform, worth about $2.89 billion, based on the closing price of Twitter’s stock on Friday. Twitter’s share price surged more than 27 percent in response, and by the end of Monday, Musk’s investment was worth about $3.7 billion.

Zip2 was no tech giant, of course, and 1996 Elon Musk, a little-known dot-com entrepreneur, bears little resemblance to 2022 Elon Musk, the richest person on the planet. But both versions share an impatience to shape the world, as quickly and as directly as possible, in the way they deem fit. Musk wanted Zip2 to skip the media companies and cater directly to consumers, but the company’s board steered him back, according to the journalist Ashlee Vance’s definitive biography of the entrepreneur. Now Musk is rich enough to try to steer the places he’s obsessed with—whether a spaceport in South Texas or one of the world’s most important social-media platforms—in the direction he wants them to go. He hasn’t offered any explanation for the Twitter purchase yet, aside from a mischievous “oh hi lol” tweet soon after the news broke, but the move seems related to his strong feelings about free speech: Musk has been talking a big game about its importance to society. But ultimately he values control of the things he cares most about.

Musk loves Twitter. It is his preferred medium, a tool for communicating directly with his fans—he’s dropped major SpaceX news in comment threads—an outlet for trolling, and the place to announce headline-making moves. Earlier this year, after a Ukrainian government official asked Musk via Twitter to help with the country’s connectivity problems, Musk dispatched dozens of dishes for SpaceX’s internet-satellite service, Starlink; not long after, he tweeted that “some governments (not Ukraine)” had asked Starlink’s satellites to block Russian news sources. By then, Twitter had started labeling accounts affiliated with the Russian government, and Facebook had blocked a couple of Russian state-funded outlets in Europe. But Musk said he wouldn’t follow suit. “We will not do so unless at gunpoint,” Musk said. “Sorry to be a free speech absolutist."

A few weeks later, Musk posted a Twitter poll asking people to weigh in on the site’s approach to free-speech rights. “Given that Twitter serves as the de facto public town square, failing to adhere to free speech principles fundamentally undermines democracy. What should be done?” he asked his 80 million followers. “Is a new platform needed?”

Dip into Musk’s history, though, and you’ll find that his commitment to free speech has been less than absolute. He might like to be able to say anything he wants, but he bristles when what others want to say goes against his own preferences. He will grace his fans with engagement, but he has little interest in critics. And he has not always shown himself to be someone who welcomes people speaking their mind, especially not at his own companies. Musk’s version of free speech, in practice, seems to be one in which only powerful people can say what they please and escape any negative consequences.

At Tesla, Musk has fostered the opposite of a culture of speaking freely without fear of retaliation. He has reportedly fired employees who disagree with him, including those who said that the company’s ambitious production goals were unrealistic, according to the Wall Street Journal reporter Tim Higgins, who published a book about Tesla last year. Some Tesla employees who have alleged racial harassment and discrimination at work say the company has ignored or tried to silence them. (Tesla has denied any wrongdoing.)

The distaste for dissent also shows up in Musk’s reaction to the people assigned to scrutinize his work. Musk once criticized analysts during a Tesla earnings call for their line of questioning, saying that “boring, bonehead questions are not cool,” then gave the stage to an investor known for his fanboy tendencies on YouTube, allowing him to ask a dozen questions over the course of more than 20 minutes. In 2018, Musk, seemingly fed up with what he described as “negative” press coverage of his companies, announced that he would create a website that allows people to rank the credibility of journalists and news organizations. He offered a poll then, too, asking whether he should do it. (He never did.) During SpaceX press conferences, Musk has shut down my questions on two occasions, once interrupting the NASA administrator to tell me to “move on.”

At opportune moments, though, Musk is all about free speech. In the winter of 2019, when the Securities and Exchange Commission asked that Musk be held in contempt of court for apparently violating the terms of a settlement between the two—brought on by that infamous $420 tweet—Musk’s lawyers argued that the agency was trying to violate his First Amendment right to free speech. (A federal judge eventually defused the situation.) Musk’s team invoked the principle again later that year, after a cave explorer sued Musk for calling him a “pedo guy” on Twitter, implying that the man was a pedophile. When the jury ruled in favor of Musk, it set a potential precedent for future cases involving online speech; the case was one of the first major defamation lawsuits involving a tweet to reach trial.

So, what happens now that Twitter has become part of the Musk Cinematic Universe? Musk’s investment is a “passive” stake, meaning that he’s not trying to gain control of the company—though Musk could, if he wanted, change that status and take on a more active role. He will have influence as a board member, and it seems he intends to use it. “Looking forward to working with Parag & Twitter board to make significant improvements to Twitter in coming months!" he tweeted today in response to Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal welcoming him to the board. Musk is already brainstorming some of those “significant improvements,” and he is doing it—where else?—in full view on Twitter. “Do you want an edit button?” he tweeted last night, offering yet another poll to his followers. And Musk, as he has done before, is paying close attention to his most ardent fans. When a popular space YouTuber and SpaceX fanboy made a suggestion—an edit feature that is available for only a few minutes and that makes clear what changes were made—Musk replied, “That sounds reasonable.”

Musk’s absolutist stance on public discourse potentially stands in conflict with even the limited policing of content that social-media companies do now. Former President Donald Trump was banned from Twitter last year over his tweets about the January 6 insurrection; after Musk’s investment in the company was revealed, some far-right members of Congress called for changes to Twitter’s policies that would allow for Trump’s return. Others have wondered whether Musk’s involvement in Twitter could lead to a loosening of rules meant to protect users from harassment and abusive behavior. It is unclear what a potentially new Twitter environment might mean for journalism, for which Musk holds an almost Trumpian contempt. Or for accounts that Musk personally dislikes, such as @ElonJet, which posts publicly available information about the movements of Musk’s private plane in near real time. Last year, Musk offered the 19-year-old college student who runs the account $5,000 to shut it down, saying he was worried about his personal safety. When the student declined the payment—he’d worked too hard on the account, he said—and asked for an internship with Musk instead, Musk blocked him.

Musk’s increased power could also pose problems for Twitter directly. What would happen if he tweets something that violates Twitter’s own rules? Or, as with the $420 tweet, if he fires off a comment that runs afoul of federal law? When I asked Twitter these questions, a spokesperson said the company is “committed to impartiality in the development and enforcement of its policies and rules.” But Musk’s dislike for rules is well documented. (According to CNBC, he even failed to disclose his Twitter-stock purchase on time, taking 21 days instead of the 10 days required by SEC regulations.) As the technology writer and executive Anil Dash observed today, “I’m trying to imagine any other context where a publicly traded company had seen a customer use their product to break federal law, and to try to destroy the lives of innocent people, and then added that person to their board.”

Musk joined Twitter in 2010. By then, the Zip2 era was far behind him, the company sold off in 1999 in a deal that made Musk a millionaire. His brother, Kimbal, actually tried his hand at the social-networking business that year, starting an unsuccessful company called Funky Talk. Elon Musk, of course, moved on to developing the most popular electric car on the market and the only rocket currently capable of launching astronauts from the United States. Like that other MCU, Musk’s projects tend to hit on the same themes over and over—gargantuan vision, enormous ambition, uncompromising speed. This new focus on Twitter reminds me of another entry in the Musk Cinematic Universe, in particular: his vision for a rocket that can reach all the way to Mars.

That system, known as Starship, is currently under construction in a remote part of South Texas. When Musk first moved SpaceX into the area, in 2014, he said the company would launch only small rockets. The operations, the company promised, wouldn’t be disruptive to the local residents. But then Musk’s plan changed. He decided that this would be the spot where SpaceX hammers down on its founding principle to settle the red planet. The company started pressuring locals who had lived there for years to sell their homes and leave. It expanded its facilities, repaved roads, renamed streets. Last year, Musk donated $30 million of his own fortune to the nearest city and schools. And now SpaceX is dealing with a regulatory battle because its plan for South Texas is far more ambitious—more disruptive—than originally planned, and a federal agency must evaluate Starship’s potential environmental impacts before the company moves forward. Should Musk clear that hurdle, SpaceX could begin launching its most powerful rocket ever.

All this just goes to show that when Musk takes an interest in some industry, his desire for change usually grows. In 2020, then–Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, who stepped down from his post in November, invited Musk for a chat in front of the company’s employees. Dorsey asked the entrepreneur for constructive criticism of the platform, then added, “By the way, do you want to run Twitter?” He was joking then, but today Musk’s stake in the company is four times the size of Dorsey’s. And he doesn’t need to be right at the helm to push Twitter in the direction he thinks is right.

1 Like

Elon Musk recently tweeted a poll asking Twitter users if they would like the SF HQ to be converted into a homeless shelter since no one shows up for work.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1512966135423066116

When someone replied saying he was going to pull a "Carl Icahn" and fire 12 floors of employees he replied simply, "Exactly".

91% of Twitter users voted yes, the office should be converted into a homeless shelter.

Musk has been an outspoken proponent of free speech - which he says that failing to adhere to "fundamentally undermines democracy."

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1507259709224632344

On Monday, CNN host Brian Stelter said there's a 'fear' over Musk's move.

"There's interest in billionaires, there's celebration of the Musk. There's also fear, I think, sometimes or wariness of- okay, so here's the richest man on the planet who just bought a big chunk of one of our most important communications tools," said Stelter. ""He's also one of the biggest owners of satellites in the world. So he's incredibly powerful, incredibly, I don't know, am I allowed to use the word strange when talking about Elon Musk?"

Except, billionaires have been controlling information for decades and nobody had a problem.

2 Likes

In a surprise announcement, Elon Musk turned down a seat on Twitter’s board of directors, according to a recent post by the company CEO, while speculations abound on the rejection as Musk was increasingly vocal about bringing about changes on the platform.

After buying up enough stock that made him the biggest shareholder in the company, which warrants an invite for a seat, Twitter CEO Parag Agarwal said in a Sunday night post on Twitter, “Elon’s appointment to the board was to become officially effective 4/9, but Elon shared that same morning that he will no longer join the board. I believe this is for the best.”

Musk posted a hand-over-mouth smiley following Agarwal’s post.

The Tesla CEO’s appointment to Twitter’s board would have effectively capped his ability to own more than 14.9 percent of the company stock. When his filing was made public, the world’s richest man owned about $2.89 billion in Twitter stock, which is around 9.1 percent of the total company value.

Twitter shares rallied more than 25 percent following the announcement and it has now settled over 9 percent lower than the high set on April 5.

Before the announcement, Musk polled “Free speech is essential to a functioning democracy. Do you believe Twitter rigorously adheres to this principle?” and said, “The consequences of this poll will be important. Please vote carefully.”

Over 70 percent of respondents answered, “No.”

Musk has been critical of the platform and asked his 81-million followers what to do with Twitter’s San Francisco head office “since no one shows up anyway,” and took a poll on introducing an edit button.

Numerous conservative voices had called out to Musk to remove restrictions on free speech on the platform and reinstate former President Donald Trump’s Twitter account.

“I hope you push for Twitter to reinstate everyone that they’ve banned over the past 5 years, including Trump. We need a real free speech giant to save the spirit of free speech in America,” said Robby Starbuck, a congressional candidate for Tennessee’s 5th district.

However, Musk’s intentions remain unclear at the moment.

“There will be distractions ahead, but our goals and priorities remain unchanged,” Agrawal said in his note to Twitter staff. “Let’s tune out the noise, and stay focused on the work and what we’re building.”

Among his many public musings, Musk suggested that Twitter’s Blue subscribers, who pay $3 per month, have the ability to pay with Dogecoin, a currency that he has previously promoted. He also suggested keeping Twitter Blue free from advertisements.

“And no ads. The power of corporations to dictate policy is greatly enhanced if Twitter depends on advertising money to survive.”

Almost 90 percent of Twitter revenue comes from advertising.

Musk asked whether the social media company was dying after Truth Social CEO Devin Nunes called Twitter a “ghost town.”

1 Like

It may have something to do with the new social media headed by (pro-Trump supporter) CEO Devin Nunes - Truth Social. Truth Social at this time is limited to Apple iphone. If Trump were to return to Twitter, that could pose huge problems for Truth Social.

Here is someone else's take on the matter:

1 Like

No evidence of free speech on Twitter.

Twitter bans Bill Clinton rape accuser Juanita Broaddrick over COVID-19 vaccine tweet

Twitter accused her of 'spreading misleading and potentially harmful' COVID-19 information

In this short video clip, the Babylon Bee crew asked Elon Musk if he could accept Jesus as his Lord and Saviour. Elon Musk eluded to agreeing with Jesus' Teaching, but outright says he believes in the god of Spinoza. The Babylon Bee crew reported Musk's answer as a "yes". Are they serious?

Is Elon Musk a Christian? Is He born again? 2022.

Interesting. He was born and raised in Pretoria, South Africa, so will have had contact with Christianity growing up.

Matthew
7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into The Kingdom of heaven; ONLY he that doeth the Will of my Father which is in heaven.
7:22 Many will say to me in That Day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work inequity.
7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and DOETH THEM, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a Rock (the Truth):
7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a Rock (the Truth).
7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them NOT, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
7:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
7:28 And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:
7:29 For he taught them as [one] having AUTHORITY, and not as the lawyers.

https://jahtruth.net/noti.htm

1 Like

At this point, even if the Twitter's little blue bird is set free, I do not know that I want to fly there.
There has always been delusion, but the delusion is getting thicker and thicker by the hour/day.

Elon Musk Announces Unprecedented Bid to Buy 100% of Twitter: 'I Will Unlock It'

2 Thessalonians 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and [by] our gathering together unto him,
2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that The Day of Christ is at hand.
2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of The Destroyer (Lucifer - Satan);
2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in The Temple of God, showing himself that he is God (the Holy Father).
2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
2:7 For the mystery (Rev. 17:5) of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth [will let], until he be taken out of the way.
2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the [Sword of the] Spirit from his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness [of the enlightening] of his coming:
2:9 [Even the Wicked], whose coming is the work of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of The Truth, that they might be saved.
2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not The Truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Personally, I find Elon Musk frightening. He still has not given up on buying Twitter and has recently said: Musk appeared at the TED2022 Conference on Thursday, saying that he is pursuing a hostile takeover of Twitter not for financial gain, but for the ‘future of civilization’.

It all sounds so benevolent on the surface. Where is the outrage in America about "extreme wealth"?! President Trump talks about supporting Judeo-Christian values .... well I would really like to see that!

There is an elite and not a secret club in Manhattan (New York City) of which Musk is a member and it is adorned with a stuffed tiger, bear and somethings even worse. I wish all these people would go away to make room for the King. How does America expect to be blessed under these conditions? It cannot be.

Looks like Twittrr may be gearing up to accept his offer to buy the company.

It could be interesting to see would happen if they do and if the changes that have been proposed by him are actually going to be made.

One of the proposed changes would allegedly be to make the Twitter algorithm public.

1 Like

https://www.axios.com/twitter-elon-musk-deal-065c90cd-d584-4126-b5c1-457f2591b792.html

Twitter on Monday agreed to be acquired for around $44 billion in cash by Elon Musk, just weeks after the tech mogul launched his unsolicited, take-it-or-leave-it offer.

Why it matters: This is an earthquake in global media and politics, where Twitter hosts the discourse.

• It's sure to be criticized by those who disagree with Musk's laissez-faire views on content moderation and cheered by those who believe Twitter has been too heavy-handed with its block button.

By the numbers: Musk is paying $54.20 per share and is personally responsible for around half of the financing. The rest comes via loans from, or arranged by, Morgan Stanley. No word yet on if he's managed to secure equity partners.

1 Like