ELIZABETH II DEAD at 96 Following 70-year Reign

People are bakowu/fedup.

Anti-Monarchists Tread Lightly After Queen's Death, but Their Goal Persists

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/anti-monarchists-tread-lightly-queens-122027882.html

“We will be campaigning pretty hard from not long after the funeral through to the coronation,” said Smith, the head of Republic. The queen, he said, was a “heat-shield that deflected a lot of criticism, and you just don’t get that with Charles.”

“It’s going to be a very much easier campaign to run,” Smith added.

While the queen was generally seen as a paragon of personal virtue, Charles’ judgment and propriety has been the subject of perpetual scrutiny from his time as a young prince even up until a few months ago.

Among other controversies, the police announced an investigation in February into allegations that one of Charles’ charities offered to help secure a knighthood and citizenship for a Saudi businessman, in exchange for a large donation. Charles’ spokesman said the royal had been unaware of any deal, and a top aide stepped down under pressure over the transaction.

Charles is also remembered for his fractious divorce during the 1990s from his first wife, Diana, in which the news media often presented him as cold and distant. The public has largely moved on, as has Charles with his second marriage to Camilla, now the queen consort, but the impression that the split created has not entirely dissipated.

Republicanism is also rising among a younger generation of Britons. An estimated 41% of Britons 18 to 25 said they wanted an elected head of state, according to polling from 2021 — 15 percentage points higher than in 2019.

Demand for a republic has remained fairly static for decades — the most recent polling suggested nearly 70% of Britons support a monarchy, about the same as in the early 1990s.

But some commentators and historians believe that public backing for the monarchy is based less on a strong belief in the institution than on affection for the queen herself — giving republicans a glimmer of hope that they can swing opinion their way.

Much of the current grief for the queen “is a reflection of her particular contribution to the nation and longevity of her reign,” said Edgerton, the historian. “It’s not a reaffirmation of the essence of the hereditary principle or an aristocratic principle — or even, actually, the notion of a constitutional monarchy.”

Part of the queen’s appeal was in the opacity of her beliefs, said Laura Clancy, who researches the public image of the royal family at the University of Lancaster.

The queen revealed little about her personal opinions, creating an aura of mystery about her core beliefs, allowing others to project onto her whatever views they hoped she might hold. Before and after Britain’s exit from the European Union, the inscrutability of the queen’s own position allowed both supporters and critics of Brexit to claim her as their own.

“You couldn’t possibly do that with Charles,” Clancy said. “Because we know what he thinks about lots of things.”

Article below dated May 2021.

Young people in Britain no longer think the country should keep the monarchy and more now want an elected head of state, with their mood souring over the last couple of years, a poll on Friday showed.

3 Likes

Kevin Spacey-Prince Charles awarded the honorary knight title to the actor in 2016 for his contribution to British theater, arts, and international culture, according to The Daily

1 Like

The human is capable of turning anything into an idol and worshipping graven images. Do nothing that serves the human.

Remember the golden calf story? Humans have had 6000 years to change their ways, stop this nonsense and

Exodus 32:1 And when the people saw that Moses delayed to come down out of the mount, the people gathered themselves together unto Aaron, and said unto him, Up, make us gods, which shall go before us; for [as for] this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we know not what is become of him.
32:2 And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which [are] in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring [them] unto me.
32:3 And all the people brake off the golden earrings which [were] in their ears, and brought [them] unto Aaron.
32:4 And he received [them] at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, These [be] thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.
32:5 And when Aaron saw [it], he built an altar before it; and Aaron made proclamation, and said, To morrow [is] a feast to the "I AM".
32:6 And they rose up early on the morrow, and offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings; and the people sat down to eat and to drink, and rose up to play.
32:7 And the "I AM" said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for thy people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted [themselves]:
32:8 They have turned aside quickly out of The Way which I commanded them: they have made them a molten calf, and have worshipped it, and have sacrificed thereunto, and said, These [be] thy gods, O Israel, which have brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.
32:9 And the "I AM" said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it [is] a stiffnecked (arrogant obstinate) people:
32:10 Now therefore let Me alone, that My wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation

Collections, whether it be figurine, cats, homes, cars, jewelry, pictures, of humans, all idols.

Exodus 20:4 **Thou shalt not make unto thee ANY graven image, or ANY likeness [of ANY thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth [neither shalt thou possess them if others make them]:

Deut.20:8 But they rebelled against Me, and would not hearken unto Me: they did not every man cast away the abominations of their eyes, neither did they forsake the idols of Egypt: then I said, I will pour out My fury upon them, to accomplish My anger against them in the midst of the land of Egypt.

Lev.19:4 Turn ye not unto idols, nor make to yourselves molten gods: I [am] the "I AM" your God.
26:1 Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up [any] image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I [am] the "I AM" your God.
26:1 Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up [any] image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I [am] the "I AM" your God.

Ez.6:9 And they that escape of you shall remember Me among the nations where they shall be carried captives, because I am broken with their whorish heart, which hath departed from Me, and with their eyes, which go a whoring after their idols: and they shall lothe themselves for the evils which they have committed in all their abominations.

20:8 But they rebelled against Me, and would not hearken unto Me: they did not every man cast away the abominations of their eyes, neither did they forsake the idols of Egypt: then I said, I will pour out My fury upon them, to accomplish My anger against them in the midst of the land of Egypt.

20:31 For when ye offer your gifts, when ye make your sons to pass through the fire, ye pollute yourselves with all your idols, even unto this day: and shall I be enquired of by you, O "House of Israel"? [As] I live, saith the Lord "I AM", I will not be enquired of by you.

23:7 Thus she committed her whoredoms with them, with all them [that were] the chosen men of Assyria, and with all on whom she doted: with all their idols she defiled herself.

36:18 Wherefore I poured My fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols [wherewith] they had polluted it:

A memorial service for the Queen was held by the Jewish Community.

Attended by dignitaries and religious leaders, it ended with a local Hebrew version of God Save the King, which is over a century old.

The Jewish Community wanted to celebrate the Queen's many years of selfless service and dedication and the Shaar Hashamayim synagogue was the perfect venue for an evocative service, brimming with tradition.

The order of service was compiled from extractions of previous ones held for King Edward VII in 1910, King George V in 1936 and King George the VI in 1952.

The President of the Jewish Community said this demonstrates how long the Community has been on the Rock under the protection of the British Crown. James Levi said authority should always come with servitude adding the Queen's love for her people had been highlighted frequently by many.

Since their arrival in the early 1700's, Jews in Gibraltar have always seen themselves as British and during the weekly Shabbat services, recite a prayer for the welfare of the Monarch and the Royal family. Rabbi Hassid spoke of this prayer, explaining that according to classical rabbinical literature, this tradition has been part of the institutional synagogue service since the 14th century.

The service included a memorial prayer for the Queen- the same one recited in the same synagogue in 1910 and concluded with the Jewish Community's own unique version of God Save the King composed for the coronation of King George V.

For the occasion, the ark enshrining the sacred Torah scrolls had been adorned in Red, White and Blue.

Memorial service for the Queen held by Jewish Community - 28 Sept 2022

Queen’s death intensifies criticism of British empire’s violent atrocities

American commentators, academics and others are calling into reconsideration of monarchy’s lasting influences

Members of the royal family gather on the balcony of Buckingham Palace as they watch a flypast in 2018.

Sat 10 Sep 2022 06.00 EDTLast modified on Mon 12 Sep 2022 14.50 EDT

The death of Queen Elizabeth II revived longstanding criticism in the US over the monarchy’s enrichment from the British empire’s violent colonization of African, Asian and Caribbean nations and their diasporas.

Since her death on Thursday, American commentators, academics, and a former US diplomat, among others, took to social media and elsewhere to call for fully wrestling with the British monarchy’s lasting influence in light of the monarch’s death.

Though millions across the world mourned, many also saw the Queen’s passing as a bitter reminder of the British empire’s violent exploitation of countries throughout history – resulting in decades of suffering, death, and economic and social devastation – and a time to renew calls for reparations.

Harvard University history professor Maya Jasanoff wrote in the New York Times that the Queen’s stoic presence in life as a “fixture of stability” underlied a “stolid traditionalist front over decades of violent upheaval”.

She pointed out that months after Elizabeth II learned of her father’s death from treetops in Kenya and became queen, British colonial authorities in Kenya suppressed a rebellion against the colonial regime known as Mau Mau, which, according to the New York Times, “led to the establishment of a vast system of detention camps and the torture, rape, castration and killing of tens of thousands of people”. The British government eventually paid £20m in a lawsuit by Kenyan survivors.

Cornell University professor Mukoma Wa Ngugi decried the “theater” surrounding the Queen’s death.

Carnegie Mellon University associate professor Uju Anya posted a since-deleted tweet saying “may her pain be excruciating” of the Queen, whom she described as “the chief monarch of a thieving and raping genocidal empire”. Twitter deleted Anya’s initial post for violating the company’s rules, and the university condemned the action in a statement.

2 Likes

Liverpool FC beat the devils 7-0

There are red ships and there are blue ships but theres no ship like friendships :slightly_smiling_face: