Big Win for Kids: Louisiana Repeals COVID Vaccine Mandate for Schools

09/21/22

COVID

Big Win for Kids: Louisiana Repeals COVID Vaccine Mandate for Schools

The Louisiana Department of Health on Tuesday rescinded its COVID-19 vaccine mandate for the state’s schoolchildren, prompting Attorney General Jeff Landry to file a motion to dismiss his lawsuit against Gov. John Bel Edwards.

By Robert W. Malone M.D., M.S.

malone kennedy landry vaccine mandate feature

(L-R) Dr. Robert Malone, Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. and Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry

This year, parents and guardians stood together in opposition to the COVID-19 vaccine mandate for children attending Louisiana schools.

As a result of their coming together, the Louisiana Department of Health rescinded the mandate — the mandate was repealed on Tuesday.

In light of this victory for parents and their children, Attorney General Jeff Landry filed a motion to dismiss his lawsuit against Gov. John Bel Edwards (Crews v. Edwards), wherein he sought to have the vaccine mandate enjoined.

In a statement, Landry said:

“Today is the culmination of hard work by so many concerned parents throughout Louisiana. This is the direct result of moms, dads, grandparents and guardians fighting for what is right. I thank Rep. Raymond Crews, Health Freedom Louisiana, the Bayou Mama Bears, Town Hall Baton Rouge, Children’s Health Defense, and all those from across Louisiana that stood with us for parental choice.

“Child medical decisions should be made by their guardians, not the government. I hope this health freedom victory reminds everyone what can happen when we all work together. When citizens are engaged and get involved, their government will listen.”

Some history behind this historic event

In December 2021, I went down to Baton Rouge, Louisiana with the Children’s Health Defense team on short notice to help Health Freedom Louisiana, the physician and nurses’ advocacy group Louisiana for Medical Freedom, Rep. Kathy Edmonston and Landry by supporting testimony opposing the health department’s move to mandate the unlicensed and still experimental Pfizer vaccine be taken by Louisiana school children.

1 Like