A Letter to All Christians

Peace be with you all,

We hope this finds you well and in good spirit.

As Christians, you are very fortunate to understand the peace that comes through believing in God and His son—our Savior—Christ-Jesus.

You are also blessed to have God’s Word in the Holy Bible available to teach you how to do His Will in your everyday lives.

Sometimes, as Christians, it is easy to focus on the New Testament and forget that we should all be living (be living...believing) under God’s Laws, which are contained in the first five books of the Old Testament.

The shining example of this for all of us was Christ-Jesus, who told us all:-

”Think not that I am come to destroy The Law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no way pass from The Law, till all be fulfilled.”

- Matthew 5:17-5:18

We know all about the 10 Commandments that were given to Moses, but did you know about the rest of the Laws, Statutes and Judgments?

Did you know about the perfect healthy diet or the perfect agricultural and economic policy that God gave us?

They are all there for each of us to read for ourselves. You just have to make the time to do it.

Is there any better use of a Christian’s time than to learn how to do God’s Will (what He wants rather than what you want), as Christ commands in The Lord’s Prayer:-

After this manner therefore pray ye:

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy name.

Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done in earth, as [it is] in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our debts and trespasses (if we truly repent), as we forgive our debtors and those who trespass against us (if they truly repent).

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:

For Thine is The Kingdom,
and the power,
and the glory,

for ever.

Amen.

Along with the first five books (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers & Deuteronomy) from the Old Testament, and the Gospels in the New Testament, there are a few specific and often overlooked verses below you may wish to review.

Prayer “The Way” Religion
Matthew 6:5-6 John 14:6 Ezekiel 34:1-10
Matthew 15:1-14
Sabbath Day The Healthy Diet Matthew 23
Genesis 2:2-3 Leviticus 11 Acts 5:29
Exodus 20:8-11 Deuteronomy 14_1 Revelation 17
The “Strait” Gate About Hell (and Satan) The Blessings & Curses
Matthew 7:11-15 Revelation 12:7-9 Deuteronomy 28
Revelation 7:4-8
Rev. 14:1-3 About Heaven The little book
John 3:13 Revelation 10:7-10
........................................ .............................................. ........................................

As Paul said in Galatians 2:20:

“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”

We hope each of you finds these verses spiritually enlightening and may God be with you always.

previously published on https://100777.com/spiritual/lettertochristians

4 Likes

As an exercise in a technical thing and team-work, I've made the post "wiki" which means anyone should be able to edit it now (?).

So, if anyone is in the mood for linking the scripture references you are welcome to do so. Otherwise I will do it at some point. Thank you.

The way tables work here is a bit confusing at first but with some patience and focus it quickly becomes clear how it works.

1 Like

Hi cybe,
found this on Adding a table to your post using markdown - Using Discourse - Discourse Meta but it doesn't look as intended. Do you have a solution?

Not quite sure what specifically you are referring to.

The table works, the link I made on "The little book" works, the link that you added works but the King of kings' Bible - Matthew isn't needed so it should be changed into the same format as my link on "The little book".

Have not found a solution to adjust column width other than my kludge/hack with the ........

It's ok, don't waste your time and resources for this if you don't really have it right now. It can be stimulating and mind training work sometimes.

1 Like

There's a history feature built in too, accessed in the upper right corner.

I think I see now what you're referring to Ayesa, looks like you copy pasted in a duplicate broken table

Knowing The Law (of God) is essential and a good start, but reinstating them and applying them is the crux of the matter.