What's Really Coming: A Counterfeit Beast System and a Real Great Deception

Donny Darkened makes some relevant points (as below) about recent news:

A fellow Christian and former military officer tore down and beheaded the Satan altar in the Iowa Capitol.

It brought me great joy to see a satanic idol thrown down.

I was reminded of King Jehu, who was tasked by God to throw down Jezebel and to destroy the foreign Baal worship she brought to Israel.

And so he did.

But what most people forget is that Jehu continued Israel’s familiar idols of golden calves after throwing Jezebel down, and so God punished Israel for the sins of Jehu’s idolatry.

The Bible says,

“However Jehu did not turn away from the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, who had made Israel sin, that is, from the golden calves that were at Bethel and Dan.

And the Lord said to Jehu, “Because you have done well in doing what is right in My sight, and have done to the house of Ahab all that was in My heart, your sons shall sit on the throne of Israel to the fourth generation.

But Jehu took no heed to walk in the law of the Lord God of Israel with all his heart; for he did not depart from the sins of Jeroboam, who had made Israel sin.”

2 Kings 10:29-31

‘Answers in Genesis’ puts it like this,

“Jehu’s actions provide an example for us today. There are many people who think they are serving the Lord and they work with great zeal in trying to accomplish God’s work.

Saul, later known as the Apostle Paul, was the same way before his conversion (Philippians 3:4–6). However, in the case of both of these men, their hearts were not right before the Lord.

Even though Jehu was zealous to end the worship of Baal in Israel, he allowed idolatry to continue in Bethel and Dan.

Saul was so zealous in trying to accomplish God’s work that he persecuted Christians.

We must learn a lesson from these people. It doesn’t matter how hard we work for the Lord if we aren’t truly obedient to His Word.

May we always be careful not only to do the Lord’s work, but to do His work in His way and in His strength.”

We must be very careful not to be hypocrites as Jehu was.

We cannot promote the modern golden calf idols of America, (patriotism, the constitution, the founding fathers, the many western idols) while throwing down blatant, foreign, wicked idols like this one.

Because he had destroyed the unfamiliar idols representing tyranny, sexual perversion, and child sacrifice but not the idols familiar to his nation of the golden calves, God punished Israel greatly by allowing the Assyrians to invade them.

Interestingly enough, both Baal and the golden calves are cattle.

On one hand, Baal is blatantly evil, wicked in appearance.

On the other hand, the golden calf is innocent, righteous and even holy in appearance only.

But both are wicked idols.

Jehu famously said, “Come with me, and see my zeal for the LORD.” In 2 Kings 10:16

But it was the sin of HIS idolatry that caused Israel to be punished by God.

It feels great to see blatant wicked idols destroyed and thrown down.

But when we do not condemn and even promote the idols familiar to us God is not pleased.

Take for example the many familiar idols of Thomas Jefferson.

Thomas Jefferson was one of the most wicked of the founding fathers.

He made his own version of the Bible called “the Jefferson Bible” in which he cut out key parts like the miracles of Christ and even the resurrection.

Which as Paul says in 1 Corinthians 15, is the entire basis of the Christian faith.

Paul says, “And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile, you are still in your sins.”

1 Corinthians 15:17

An idol of Thomas Jefferson is just as much an idol as an idol of Baal.

Many modern Christians even make idols out of men, political leaders, ideologies, etc.

They are no different than Jehu, and thus must be reminded of his fate, lest we suffer the same.

I know a lot of people are not going to like this, but this is a largely overlooked message from the Bible that i truly feel convicted on saying.

Please pray on this, my friends.

God bless you all.
https://twitter.com/DonnieDarkened/status/1735497087498785237